Life in the Golden State

Thursday, June 02, 2005

July 16, 2005 is THE date

My decision has finally been made.

I'm moving.

I like the sound of that. I shall say it again: I'm moving.

Those of you who don't know this yet may be shocked, but.... It's not totally new news. I just woke up one morning and decided to actaully do this. It'll be easier ot find a job once I'm on the correct coast.

I will start my cross country drive on July 16th, hopefully with Carolyn. I'll be staying at Luke's until I can find a job and my own apt to live in (across the border, of course).

I haven't told the parents yet b/ I don't have an offical plan just yet. I have to tell them this weekend, though. Mom's been talking about training me to e-file tax returns for the extension due date on August 15th while she's gone on vacation for her anniversary. (To where, she still doesn't know. :>) We kids have done a great job in planning this surprise!!) She knows that I've started to pack everything, so, I'm guessing that she thinks I'm moving soon. I'm going to tell my parents on Sunday night at dinner. That tends to be a "family" dinner with the three of us cuz Dad is actually home. I don't think that they'll be too shocked, but there will be lots of questions. urgh.

As for other moving preparations, I've begun packing and sorting things from my room. I have a "To Luke's" pile (which currently consists of two boxes), a "To Amy's" pile for when I get my own apt, and a "Stay Here" pile for things that I wanna keep but not take. Out of all the possible phone companies, I've decided on Verizon Wireless. According to Jen, it's a good thing. :>) I've found another bank besides Bank of America. Sovereign Bank gives you free checking and it appears to be just as easily accessible. Since there are no branches in CA, I have to read up on the whole opening of accts online thing. Not sure about that. If it won't work out, the nearest Bank of America is over by Bayfair Mall (uh, excuse me, Bayfair Center). I don't think that changing that one word is going to change it's image, but that is a different discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home