Life in the Golden State

Thursday, June 30, 2005

There is so much going on that I'm not sure what to write about.

The gist of last weekend was that I was sick. Some think it was the stomach flu, others, food poisoning. In any case, I wasn't the only one and that makes me think that it wasn't due to food. KT, Tracy, and Anna all were sick this weekend. I blame Anna for being the carrier monkey. The last time we all were together was for her birthday dinner at Chevy's. She, on the other hand, blames Chevy's...

Mom and Dad are no longer going on their "surprise" 30th Anniversary trip in August. Mom has to have surgery. She's getting a knee replacement on July 12th. She'll be out of the hospital on the 15th. She'll be able to wave me good-bye from the couch at 6am the next day...

Bonfire plans for my last event with my friends has been set. We're all meeting at the Beach Chalet and then we'll caravan to a cozy spot on the beach. I'm looking forward to a calm night by the fire with friends... and smores. The beach is always nice, but even nicer when I don't have to worry about the sunblock. :>)

Most of my trip has been planned. I'm dropping Carolyn off in Chicago and picking up Luke in Columbus. I get to see Aunt Lynn for the first time in 9 years. I hope to bring a bunch of family pictures for her to see. She says she'll rally "the troops" for my visit. It'll be interesting to see who I get to meet and re-meet.

I get to have a good-bye lunch with my co-workers on Thursday. I get to choose the restaurant. :>) Afterwards, I'm sure that Margie and I will jump out back and finish the shreadding. We hope to have it done by the time I leave work. It's the goal and we're so very close to it right now. Today we took over another truckload to the dumps... to the correct place. Yea! The recycling center is cool. We even got paid a penny per pound. Do you believe that we had 180 lbs of shreadded paper??? That's just today. We've been to the dumps two other times and were told that it had to be dumped b/of the confidential shreadding. That means we didn't get to recycle about another 360 lbs of paper! You didn't just read that Megan... :>)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home