Time is flying!
There are so many things to be done still, yet, I feel I've accomplished a lot this week. I've got:
2 hotel reservations, one for Cheyenne, one for Des Moines
received my first package of Sovereign Bank stuff; my deposit has already gone through
received my first Verizon bill and probably junk mail; i don't know what they're all about yet
received the first package of cruise info for my parents' anniversary (it's no longer a surprise)
paid my late credit card payment....
OK. Well, most of that hasn't been things I've done, but things are moving. Between the two trips to the dumps yesterday and today, Margie and I have gotten rid of at least 22 bags of shreadded tax documents. We did another 5 this afternoon. I get to drive the truck again next week, too, b/ if we wait for the recycling guys who only come every other week, we'd have bags of shreadded paper until next year. I like driving the truck. It's big. It reminds me of my first car, but higher off the ground.
My trip to Arcata w/ Claire went OK. It would've been better had it not rained the whole time. Stupid freak storm! It aint supposed to rain in June!! We spent our days as we would have done during the winter: shopping and eating and hanging out at a friend's apt. When the rain stopped, briefly, we went down to Eureka's new boardwalk. It's in Old Town and looks all purty still. I think the building in-progress must be a future visitor's center. There is a great view of the bridge to Samoa, the lumber factory, and the island between Eureka and Samoa where all the private boats dock and that HUGE-ass fisherman statue sticks out like a sore thumb. It's even wheelchair accessible.
This weekend is busy and promising. I'm going to see Beach Blanket Babylon on Friday night, see and Earthquakes' soccer game in San Jose on Saturday night, and have brunch with the family on Sunday morning in the city while battling many of you attending the Gay Pride Parade and festival near city hall. Somewhere in all of that, I hope to do a ton of laundry, clean up my room, and to finish 2004's photo album.
2 hotel reservations, one for Cheyenne, one for Des Moines
received my first package of Sovereign Bank stuff; my deposit has already gone through
received my first Verizon bill and probably junk mail; i don't know what they're all about yet
received the first package of cruise info for my parents' anniversary (it's no longer a surprise)
paid my late credit card payment....
OK. Well, most of that hasn't been things I've done, but things are moving. Between the two trips to the dumps yesterday and today, Margie and I have gotten rid of at least 22 bags of shreadded tax documents. We did another 5 this afternoon. I get to drive the truck again next week, too, b/ if we wait for the recycling guys who only come every other week, we'd have bags of shreadded paper until next year. I like driving the truck. It's big. It reminds me of my first car, but higher off the ground.
My trip to Arcata w/ Claire went OK. It would've been better had it not rained the whole time. Stupid freak storm! It aint supposed to rain in June!! We spent our days as we would have done during the winter: shopping and eating and hanging out at a friend's apt. When the rain stopped, briefly, we went down to Eureka's new boardwalk. It's in Old Town and looks all purty still. I think the building in-progress must be a future visitor's center. There is a great view of the bridge to Samoa, the lumber factory, and the island between Eureka and Samoa where all the private boats dock and that HUGE-ass fisherman statue sticks out like a sore thumb. It's even wheelchair accessible.
This weekend is busy and promising. I'm going to see Beach Blanket Babylon on Friday night, see and Earthquakes' soccer game in San Jose on Saturday night, and have brunch with the family on Sunday morning in the city while battling many of you attending the Gay Pride Parade and festival near city hall. Somewhere in all of that, I hope to do a ton of laundry, clean up my room, and to finish 2004's photo album.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home