continued
I was interrupted last night or I would have written more. My phone call was more important.
My weekend went pretty well. On Friday night, I saw The Devil Wears Prada with KT. It was an OK movie. Cute, but not worth full-price. Matinee would have been better - esp since I thought the ending was near a few times.
On Saturday, I had planned on cleaning the insanely cluttered hole of my bedroom, but didn't. Can't remeber what I did all day, but I did end up in the city. I met up with Dayni, Jen, and Carolyn. We had dinner at Bubba's and then saw Menopause the Musical at a theater on Pier 39. It's got rave reviews, but I just wasn't all into it. I think I was in the wrong age group to fully enjoy it. I liked the songs near the end the best; not sure why. A lot of the stuff in the show reminded me of Mom and I got hte humor, but I just couldn't relate. The actors were good. One of them reminded me of Chris, a former, dopey co-worker, so that kinda bummed me out. After, we walked to Gheradelli Square and had some ice cream sundaes. Tastey. I had a Smores. Too sweet. It was vanilla ice cream, chocolate chip ice cream, hot fudge, marshmellow cream (runny, not fluffy stuff), whipped cream, and nuts. No cherry. When I finally got down to the marshmellow layer, I got a jolt. It be super sweeeet. We then walked back to Carolyn's car and she dropped us off at our respective public transit stations. It was nice to hang out with everyone. I don't see much of them anymore.
On Sunday, I didn't end up in Medesto painting. Instead, Claire and I went to the Fremont Art and Wine Festival. Lots of cool art. Not too much food or wine. Upon complaint to my family over dinner, they told us that we just didn't explore much. We missed something b/ we didn't see the beer garden or the food court area. Oh well. Maybe next year. I had fun, though. Relaxing. I also enjoyed the public drinking. How often do you get to do that? I have a souvineer wine glass, too. I would have gotten a beer mug, but I didn't wanna go stand in the required line.
I applied to two jobs last week, I think. One of them was through a website that keeps asking me to verify info. I'm starting to get leery. How many times do I have to have a log-in and password set up? How many times do I have to provide hte same info? I've never had to do so much for one (possibly more) website.
It's my parents' anniversary today. Dad took the day off work and they're out and about. They went to see a movie. I also heard talk of getting Mom's glasses adjusted (finally!). Dad said he wanted to do a picnic lunch. I don't think they did. Still not home yet. House to self to do laundry and to figure out my computer problems. It's been annoying these last two days.
Luke has a survey he wants me to post. I'll save that for next time.
My weekend went pretty well. On Friday night, I saw The Devil Wears Prada with KT. It was an OK movie. Cute, but not worth full-price. Matinee would have been better - esp since I thought the ending was near a few times.
On Saturday, I had planned on cleaning the insanely cluttered hole of my bedroom, but didn't. Can't remeber what I did all day, but I did end up in the city. I met up with Dayni, Jen, and Carolyn. We had dinner at Bubba's and then saw Menopause the Musical at a theater on Pier 39. It's got rave reviews, but I just wasn't all into it. I think I was in the wrong age group to fully enjoy it. I liked the songs near the end the best; not sure why. A lot of the stuff in the show reminded me of Mom and I got hte humor, but I just couldn't relate. The actors were good. One of them reminded me of Chris, a former, dopey co-worker, so that kinda bummed me out. After, we walked to Gheradelli Square and had some ice cream sundaes. Tastey. I had a Smores. Too sweet. It was vanilla ice cream, chocolate chip ice cream, hot fudge, marshmellow cream (runny, not fluffy stuff), whipped cream, and nuts. No cherry. When I finally got down to the marshmellow layer, I got a jolt. It be super sweeeet. We then walked back to Carolyn's car and she dropped us off at our respective public transit stations. It was nice to hang out with everyone. I don't see much of them anymore.
On Sunday, I didn't end up in Medesto painting. Instead, Claire and I went to the Fremont Art and Wine Festival. Lots of cool art. Not too much food or wine. Upon complaint to my family over dinner, they told us that we just didn't explore much. We missed something b/ we didn't see the beer garden or the food court area. Oh well. Maybe next year. I had fun, though. Relaxing. I also enjoyed the public drinking. How often do you get to do that? I have a souvineer wine glass, too. I would have gotten a beer mug, but I didn't wanna go stand in the required line.
I applied to two jobs last week, I think. One of them was through a website that keeps asking me to verify info. I'm starting to get leery. How many times do I have to have a log-in and password set up? How many times do I have to provide hte same info? I've never had to do so much for one (possibly more) website.
It's my parents' anniversary today. Dad took the day off work and they're out and about. They went to see a movie. I also heard talk of getting Mom's glasses adjusted (finally!). Dad said he wanted to do a picnic lunch. I don't think they did. Still not home yet. House to self to do laundry and to figure out my computer problems. It's been annoying these last two days.
Luke has a survey he wants me to post. I'll save that for next time.

2 Comments:
did you get the "location change" postcard for the reunion? what is going on with that? and the myspace site didn't update a thing...i wonder what's going on.
By
shirley, At
8/09/2006 09:41:00 PM
Yes, I got a phone call AND a post card in the mail. The reasoning for it was on the myspace page - recently updated:
Yes it's true we are changing locations ,you will get a letter in the mail or a phone call or maybe find out by reading this blog .
Hey guys so sorry about the confusion. I guess when the Marriott bought out Pan Pacific earlier this summer the caterer didn't lock in the price on our dinner, and also the Marriott wanted to jack up the price on our room for the party. Making the ticket prices like 20-30 dollars more. How crappy huh? What jerks! So it was best that we moved it to a different location so we could at least keep everything else the same. Again I am so sorry, I'm just glad we didn't have to change dates.
I hope to see all of you there!
~Anne Louise
By
amy, At
8/11/2006 01:30:00 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home