Fun in the Fog
The weekend was fun!
Saturday:
Spent the day tired and lethargic. The heat was awful. When I tried to go enjoy the airconditioning, everyone was being energy-concious and didn't have it on. Nashuans wouldn't care about the power grid. All of the stores would have been ice cold! Oh well, I'm back in CA where I belong... Anyway, I went to see Fiddler on the Roof with Jen and Dayni later that day. It was just as toasty in San Mateo, but it was a great show. Very entertaining and it had me trying to remember former history classes as I guessed at the time period of the play. It was a long show and we stayed up a little late to endulge in some ice cream before headding home.
Sunday:
Got woken up early. Dad then knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to go to Monterey. YES! when? as soon as I was ready - oh, and they'd snagged one of the last rooms in town, so I needed to pack an overnight bad. OK. Long carride down there as I sat in the backseat... I called Megan when I hit town. SHe was busy with setting up the new house, but offered some suggestions on where to eat lunch. Afterwards, we met up with Dan, Tracy, and the girls and wondered. Checked into the hotel and hung out. Went to the beach, back to Dan's hotel for the girls to change into drier clothes, and then went to dinner. Yummy dinner, awesome service (my water glass never got empty), long-ass time to eat. It was 9:30pm when I finally got to call Megan to ask her out to ice cream. I figured she was near bedtime, so I just left a message on her cell and didn't bother w/ the home number. I thought it'd have been fun to hang out with her and Cory, but I wasn't expecting a two hour dinner! Oh well. At the point, I wished I had packed a pair of pants or a sweater. It was a tad chilly for me in my shorts and tank top attire... It was just that that morning was so freakin' hot in my room as I packed. THe thought of packing a sweater or pants made me sweat even more!
Monday:
KT arrived in town. We all ate "breakfast" at Tillie's and went to the Aquarium. The girls had sooo much fun. Us, adults, did too. I was amazed at how mobile Faolan and Kieran are and how those two little girls kept 5 adults on their toes. It was definitely a different experience going there w/ some loud, energetic children of your own. You see things differently. After, we all caravaned up the coast and had a not-to-great "lunch" at Applebee's and parted ways. Dad continued to drive up Hwy 1. It would have been a nicer carride for me had the shirts not been hanging on the hook above the door. They blocked my views of the ocean, but, at the same time, I didn't ask to take them down as they kept me in shade. The less sun on my sunburn, the better!
Saturday:
Spent the day tired and lethargic. The heat was awful. When I tried to go enjoy the airconditioning, everyone was being energy-concious and didn't have it on. Nashuans wouldn't care about the power grid. All of the stores would have been ice cold! Oh well, I'm back in CA where I belong... Anyway, I went to see Fiddler on the Roof with Jen and Dayni later that day. It was just as toasty in San Mateo, but it was a great show. Very entertaining and it had me trying to remember former history classes as I guessed at the time period of the play. It was a long show and we stayed up a little late to endulge in some ice cream before headding home.
Sunday:
Got woken up early. Dad then knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to go to Monterey. YES! when? as soon as I was ready - oh, and they'd snagged one of the last rooms in town, so I needed to pack an overnight bad. OK. Long carride down there as I sat in the backseat... I called Megan when I hit town. SHe was busy with setting up the new house, but offered some suggestions on where to eat lunch. Afterwards, we met up with Dan, Tracy, and the girls and wondered. Checked into the hotel and hung out. Went to the beach, back to Dan's hotel for the girls to change into drier clothes, and then went to dinner. Yummy dinner, awesome service (my water glass never got empty), long-ass time to eat. It was 9:30pm when I finally got to call Megan to ask her out to ice cream. I figured she was near bedtime, so I just left a message on her cell and didn't bother w/ the home number. I thought it'd have been fun to hang out with her and Cory, but I wasn't expecting a two hour dinner! Oh well. At the point, I wished I had packed a pair of pants or a sweater. It was a tad chilly for me in my shorts and tank top attire... It was just that that morning was so freakin' hot in my room as I packed. THe thought of packing a sweater or pants made me sweat even more!
Monday:
KT arrived in town. We all ate "breakfast" at Tillie's and went to the Aquarium. The girls had sooo much fun. Us, adults, did too. I was amazed at how mobile Faolan and Kieran are and how those two little girls kept 5 adults on their toes. It was definitely a different experience going there w/ some loud, energetic children of your own. You see things differently. After, we all caravaned up the coast and had a not-to-great "lunch" at Applebee's and parted ways. Dad continued to drive up Hwy 1. It would have been a nicer carride for me had the shirts not been hanging on the hook above the door. They blocked my views of the ocean, but, at the same time, I didn't ask to take them down as they kept me in shade. The less sun on my sunburn, the better!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home