Life in the Golden State

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hanger-ons

The last few remaining boxes to unpack are always the hardest. Burnt out. Tired of it all. Wish it'd just all poof away and magically be in the correct spot. Instead, I'm left staring at 4 half-empty boxes crowded around my computer... Maybe tonight?

Class reunion is approaching. It's on August 19th in the city. It'll be an evening of no-host cocktails, heavy hors d'oeuvres, and dancing. Gotta second mailer this week b/ I never got around to sending in the first one. They've extended the "cheap" rate until next week and have added on an additional option of arriving after the food for less than half the "cheap" rate. I wouldn't mind just hanging out and dancing, but, I have no date. It'd be super lame to go there late AND by myself. I'd rather just be a third wheel to Claire and Perry (or, possibly a 5th wheel if Shirley and Dave have decided to attend). In the end, though, it shouldn't matter cuz there's supposed to be a whole bunch of people to talk to about my exciting life and to get their dirt as well, right?

No job searching has been done yet, though I've thought about updating my resume and I've deleted all the east coast job searching bookmarks... just as soon as I finish typing my blog.... :>)

Anything else going on? uuummmmm.

Andrea's baby is almost a month old. I went over there, briefly, yesterday. The baby's name is Sophia. She's got a full head of straight, almost-black hair and doesn't know what to think of me just yet. She gave me the most sour expression when I was going to hold her. Instead, I let Andrea do the honors and I talked at her as she kept an eye on me. aahhhh. I have a way with the children. It's always love at first sight.

I'm going to meet an alumni of San Leandro High's class of 96 tonight. She was a friend of that whole gang and we're supposed to go get some Korean BBQ the last I heard. Phillip will let me know what time he's picking me up later today.

Tomorrow night I'm going to see Laura's production up at Cal State. The group is called Fused and it's a musical kind of thing. I'm picking up Dayni beforehand and I'm psyched that someone other than my sister is interested in going!

My calendar is empty for the rest of the weekend. It's good cuz it'll give me a chance to do.... stuff. What, I dunno. Maybe I'll go over to Rasputin's and pick up a SF Weekly or East Bay Express - whatever they stock over there.

Talk to y'all later.

2 Comments:

  • Hey, at least you got invited to your class reunion. :-(

    By Blogger Chappy & Bailey, At 7/13/2006 12:40:00 PM  

  • Yeah, well, I've got the touch... That's TWO invites, by the way.

    Join a website. My school's started with classmates.com, migrated to a myspace page, and then made us all give our addresses to classencounters.com b/ they're doing all the decorations and invites and whatnot.

    By Blogger amy, At 7/13/2006 05:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home