Birthdays, Funerals, and Cakes.... Oh my!
I didn't apply to any jobs this week. :>( I was just too tired to care all that much. Starting tonight, though, I'll get back into the saddle, so to speak. I shall find me a job that'll get me on a path that is somewhat desireable.
I went to Phillip's Grandmother's funeral on Saturday. I have to say that Phillip and Hernani did a great job at picking things out. The funeral home was easy to find and the chapel was pretty. As far as I could tell, everything went smoothly.... Afterwards, Jen and I went to Cardinals for some food, but mostly for a nice, healthy serving of hot fudge. They spoil you there when you order a sundae! Full and happy from our sugar-rush, we hung out at her place and watched a "guilty pleasure" movie on tv.
On Sunday, I passed on Phillip's family gathering for one of my own. Appearently, we were to host a birthday party for my uncle who turned 60 this past week. By the sounds of all the cleaning and smells of the chemicals wafting upstairs, I thought that we might be having both sides of my family over. Instead, Dad just cleaned the carpets in his room while he still had the carpet cleaner (cuz he'd done the stairs the night before). As usual, much cleaning was had as the kitchen has kinda become my domain these last few years. We BBQed hot links, hot dogs, hamburgers, and corn. I cut up fruit, opened a jug of potato salad, and put the early arrivers to work as I hadn't finished the munchies. Tracy made a pineapple upside down cake and a few cupcakes. It all turned out well and ended fairly early - no one was here past 830pm.
I had a brilliant idea for a dessert to try. Instead of pineapples and pineapple juice for the cake, why don't you just use apples and apple juice? Maybe some peeled green apples, you know, the same kind you use to make an apple pie? Those cook up nicely and would be a nice tart to the carmelized sweetness. YUM! Anyway, just a thought for those people who are, sadly, allergic to the pineapple. (It used to be one of my favorite summer treats! It sucks!!)
Today, I called the fine people at Chase Automotive Finance and asked what was going on. I faxed a request to adjust my acct a few weeks ago and I haven't heard anything. Appearently, the "issue was resolved", according to Brian, the customer service voice, and that a letter was sent out from TX on the 9th. I've got no letter. Waiting on mail to see what is up. I have a feeling that my acct wasn't adjusted as I would have liked.
I guess that's all that's happened these last few days.... TTFN
I went to Phillip's Grandmother's funeral on Saturday. I have to say that Phillip and Hernani did a great job at picking things out. The funeral home was easy to find and the chapel was pretty. As far as I could tell, everything went smoothly.... Afterwards, Jen and I went to Cardinals for some food, but mostly for a nice, healthy serving of hot fudge. They spoil you there when you order a sundae! Full and happy from our sugar-rush, we hung out at her place and watched a "guilty pleasure" movie on tv.
On Sunday, I passed on Phillip's family gathering for one of my own. Appearently, we were to host a birthday party for my uncle who turned 60 this past week. By the sounds of all the cleaning and smells of the chemicals wafting upstairs, I thought that we might be having both sides of my family over. Instead, Dad just cleaned the carpets in his room while he still had the carpet cleaner (cuz he'd done the stairs the night before). As usual, much cleaning was had as the kitchen has kinda become my domain these last few years. We BBQed hot links, hot dogs, hamburgers, and corn. I cut up fruit, opened a jug of potato salad, and put the early arrivers to work as I hadn't finished the munchies. Tracy made a pineapple upside down cake and a few cupcakes. It all turned out well and ended fairly early - no one was here past 830pm.
I had a brilliant idea for a dessert to try. Instead of pineapples and pineapple juice for the cake, why don't you just use apples and apple juice? Maybe some peeled green apples, you know, the same kind you use to make an apple pie? Those cook up nicely and would be a nice tart to the carmelized sweetness. YUM! Anyway, just a thought for those people who are, sadly, allergic to the pineapple. (It used to be one of my favorite summer treats! It sucks!!)
Today, I called the fine people at Chase Automotive Finance and asked what was going on. I faxed a request to adjust my acct a few weeks ago and I haven't heard anything. Appearently, the "issue was resolved", according to Brian, the customer service voice, and that a letter was sent out from TX on the 9th. I've got no letter. Waiting on mail to see what is up. I have a feeling that my acct wasn't adjusted as I would have liked.
I guess that's all that's happened these last few days.... TTFN

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home