Bowler's Thumb
I've got bowler's thumb. It kinda hurts where the joint is at.... A long, long time ago there used to be a small callus in that spot for protection. It be gone now, though. (I'm not sure I spelled "callus" correctly, but it didn't come up on the spell-checker...)
Dad and I are definitely not ready for the Pro-Bowler's Tour. We got worse as we played more. For me, it is usually the opposite. For most people it is the opposite. My best game is usually the 2nd one. But, no. I didn't even break 100 that time. :>( Thankfully, we had to leave before our scores got too depressing. I think they were doing a Thrusday night Rock-n-bowl thing. We left at 930pm and there were kids lined up for lanes. I think that this is how Manor Bowl is able to stay open. I think these events are their money-makers.
Manor Bowl is going through some rennovations, which is nice. It be an old place. Unfortunately, the colors are a tad obnoxious. I guess I'm just fond of the good ol' royal blue and funky carpet. Now it is lime green and bright blue in there. It goes well with the flourescent pink striped pins and the new backdrop (which I'm sure glows nicely at night with the black lights). It is new, but not too bad. It just needs some gettin' used to. The same with the armrests they added to the chairs. No more sliding from chair to chair. :>( The one part that I'd hate to get used to is the bar. As I walked out, I noticed that the bar has been repainted with the same colors. Now, that is just awful! It is wrong. A bar is supposed to be good and dark. It was OK that that place was painted maroon and decorated with more maroon, no matter how worn out it was. Those bright colors do not belong in the bar.
Anyway, it was a fun evening with Dad. OK. I was a fun hour with Dad. Regardless, I liked it and think I'd like to do some more bowling, if possible. I used to be pretty good. My pre-teen years saw a 150-180 average. I think it fluctuated due to the mid-morning french fry run.... they were greasy but good.
Dad and I are definitely not ready for the Pro-Bowler's Tour. We got worse as we played more. For me, it is usually the opposite. For most people it is the opposite. My best game is usually the 2nd one. But, no. I didn't even break 100 that time. :>( Thankfully, we had to leave before our scores got too depressing. I think they were doing a Thrusday night Rock-n-bowl thing. We left at 930pm and there were kids lined up for lanes. I think that this is how Manor Bowl is able to stay open. I think these events are their money-makers.
Manor Bowl is going through some rennovations, which is nice. It be an old place. Unfortunately, the colors are a tad obnoxious. I guess I'm just fond of the good ol' royal blue and funky carpet. Now it is lime green and bright blue in there. It goes well with the flourescent pink striped pins and the new backdrop (which I'm sure glows nicely at night with the black lights). It is new, but not too bad. It just needs some gettin' used to. The same with the armrests they added to the chairs. No more sliding from chair to chair. :>( The one part that I'd hate to get used to is the bar. As I walked out, I noticed that the bar has been repainted with the same colors. Now, that is just awful! It is wrong. A bar is supposed to be good and dark. It was OK that that place was painted maroon and decorated with more maroon, no matter how worn out it was. Those bright colors do not belong in the bar.
Anyway, it was a fun evening with Dad. OK. I was a fun hour with Dad. Regardless, I liked it and think I'd like to do some more bowling, if possible. I used to be pretty good. My pre-teen years saw a 150-180 average. I think it fluctuated due to the mid-morning french fry run.... they were greasy but good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home