Gotta Job!
I'm an almost gainfully employed woman. I should find out in about a week as to the results of my drug test and background check with a call from Target to set up an orientation.
Yes, Target. I had an interview this morning. After my talk with the second interviewer, I was offered a job as a part-time cashier. I accepted as I'm not waiting on anything.
So, having to take a drug test w/in the day, I headed over the the clinic. A guy was standing at the counter, and, appearently, wasn't being helped. We made eye contact and he said he'd been waiting a while. I asked loudly as to where everyone was and asked if he'd rang a bell or anything. There wasn't one. A girl in the waiting area said that the receptionist went to lunch... If the whole office was going to lunch at the same time, why not close it and put one of those signs up? Why was the building even open??
I went across the parking lot to Burger King to get some lunch and to waste some time. It was packed. TONS of kids running around and whining. This is one of their last weeks of freedom before school starts again... My lunch was OK. Could have been better, but I wasn't eating at a different restaurant. Afterwards, I toured Old Navy. Couldn't find any khakis that fit right. No red shirts, either. It's OK. I have some time still. Plus, officially, I still don't have the job.
Went back to the other side of the parking lot and the clinic had people in it. Actually, there were TWO receptionists. I was quickly helped and got a carbon copy of the drug testing papers....
Other than that, it's been a quiet few days. I've been kinda sick. Allergies have been awful. Huge headaches, sinus pressure, congestion, and a runny nose. Today is the best I've felt since Sunday night. Maybe that local honey thing works? I went to the farmer's market yesterday afternoon and bought me some local honey and had about a spoonfull in my freshly brewed tea upon arrival at the apt.
Highlights from this weekend:
Saturday we went over to "Uncle Al's" for dinner. Luke's dad was in town for the weekend and staying over there cuz I was taking up the spare space over here. I met his dad, Uncle Allen, his wife Lil, their son Mike, and Uncle Dave and his family (a wife and three teenage girls). Great dinner. Lil had a nice spread of salmon, steak, and sides, we brought over some sangria, and Dave brought a few pies and brownies. I found Mike to not only be the official BBQer, but the "class clown". Very entertaining. Uncle Dave is the talker. Uncle Al is the quiet one and is Luke's "twin" b/ that is who Luke will look like in another 30 years. (It's really amazing how they both have the exact same face.) Dad was the inbetweener of the two other brothers in terms of socializing. I found it interesting to see some of Luke's personality traits in his dad. Luke's looks comes from his uncle, but his personality comes from his dad.
Sunday we went to the Budweiser factory. I know, I don't drink beer, but is was a mostly air conditioned tour! It was hot that day. It was in the 80s but the humidity made it feel like it was high 90s and 100s. The tour was OK. I was the only one to sample the beer, though, b/ Luke had left his ID in the car. I had some of their Bud Select, a Fusion, and a 180. The Select is supposed to have a less of an aftertaste than the normal stuff. It did. It was OK for a beer. The Fusion is something new in their test markets. It's beer with flavorings of either mango, citrus, or tropical. I had the Spicy Mango. It smelled better (esp as it was being poured) than it tasted. You smell and taste a light hint of fruit and then it's all about the beer. It was OK for a beer. The 180 is the first 100% non-alcoholic drink the company has ever made. It is an energy drink that has the same amount of caffine as a cup and a half of coffee. It tastes like orange soda. I liked it. Afterwards, we walked over to the horse house. Saw all the famous horses and the two beautiful antique carts. One used to haul beer at special events, the other was smaller and was used to train the horses.
That night we went to see "Red Eye". It was OK. I thought it was going to be scarier, but it wasn't. First of all, it was only PG-13, much to Luke's dismay. Secondly, there reaches a point in the movie where the action just seems impossible, and it just became silly and funny... I recommend that y'all see it as a matines, if at all possible.
Yes, Target. I had an interview this morning. After my talk with the second interviewer, I was offered a job as a part-time cashier. I accepted as I'm not waiting on anything.
So, having to take a drug test w/in the day, I headed over the the clinic. A guy was standing at the counter, and, appearently, wasn't being helped. We made eye contact and he said he'd been waiting a while. I asked loudly as to where everyone was and asked if he'd rang a bell or anything. There wasn't one. A girl in the waiting area said that the receptionist went to lunch... If the whole office was going to lunch at the same time, why not close it and put one of those signs up? Why was the building even open??
I went across the parking lot to Burger King to get some lunch and to waste some time. It was packed. TONS of kids running around and whining. This is one of their last weeks of freedom before school starts again... My lunch was OK. Could have been better, but I wasn't eating at a different restaurant. Afterwards, I toured Old Navy. Couldn't find any khakis that fit right. No red shirts, either. It's OK. I have some time still. Plus, officially, I still don't have the job.
Went back to the other side of the parking lot and the clinic had people in it. Actually, there were TWO receptionists. I was quickly helped and got a carbon copy of the drug testing papers....
Other than that, it's been a quiet few days. I've been kinda sick. Allergies have been awful. Huge headaches, sinus pressure, congestion, and a runny nose. Today is the best I've felt since Sunday night. Maybe that local honey thing works? I went to the farmer's market yesterday afternoon and bought me some local honey and had about a spoonfull in my freshly brewed tea upon arrival at the apt.
Highlights from this weekend:
Saturday we went over to "Uncle Al's" for dinner. Luke's dad was in town for the weekend and staying over there cuz I was taking up the spare space over here. I met his dad, Uncle Allen, his wife Lil, their son Mike, and Uncle Dave and his family (a wife and three teenage girls). Great dinner. Lil had a nice spread of salmon, steak, and sides, we brought over some sangria, and Dave brought a few pies and brownies. I found Mike to not only be the official BBQer, but the "class clown". Very entertaining. Uncle Dave is the talker. Uncle Al is the quiet one and is Luke's "twin" b/ that is who Luke will look like in another 30 years. (It's really amazing how they both have the exact same face.) Dad was the inbetweener of the two other brothers in terms of socializing. I found it interesting to see some of Luke's personality traits in his dad. Luke's looks comes from his uncle, but his personality comes from his dad.
Sunday we went to the Budweiser factory. I know, I don't drink beer, but is was a mostly air conditioned tour! It was hot that day. It was in the 80s but the humidity made it feel like it was high 90s and 100s. The tour was OK. I was the only one to sample the beer, though, b/ Luke had left his ID in the car. I had some of their Bud Select, a Fusion, and a 180. The Select is supposed to have a less of an aftertaste than the normal stuff. It did. It was OK for a beer. The Fusion is something new in their test markets. It's beer with flavorings of either mango, citrus, or tropical. I had the Spicy Mango. It smelled better (esp as it was being poured) than it tasted. You smell and taste a light hint of fruit and then it's all about the beer. It was OK for a beer. The 180 is the first 100% non-alcoholic drink the company has ever made. It is an energy drink that has the same amount of caffine as a cup and a half of coffee. It tastes like orange soda. I liked it. Afterwards, we walked over to the horse house. Saw all the famous horses and the two beautiful antique carts. One used to haul beer at special events, the other was smaller and was used to train the horses.
That night we went to see "Red Eye". It was OK. I thought it was going to be scarier, but it wasn't. First of all, it was only PG-13, much to Luke's dismay. Secondly, there reaches a point in the movie where the action just seems impossible, and it just became silly and funny... I recommend that y'all see it as a matines, if at all possible.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home