Life in the Golden State

Monday, August 01, 2005

Update since the trip

I need to point out a zip code change. It's 03060, NOT 03062. Ooops. I've only been sending Luke mail with that zip code for the last four years! He still got my stuff, and I shall still get yours if you're sending me stuff....

The Wed after I arrived was hell on earth, literally. It was over 100 degrees and the humidity was over 50%. Luke has no air conditioning, too. He said that it was the worst day they've had in years. Greeeaaat. Welcome to NH, Amy.

I haven't done much since I got here. I've unpacked what I could. I have stuff in boxes in corners. I've glued together the bottoms to a few dresser drawers so they could be useable. I got my Sovereign Bank stuff cleared up. My worries about a lost ATM card were unfounded b/ they never sent one out like I was told they would. I can find the local grocery store and have my own Shaw's club card. Good-bye Safeway. I'm still a little turned around as far as streets go, so I think I know where the local CVS is so I can get my film from my disposable camera developed. Carolyn shall have her set of pictures soon.

Luke is currently house/dog sitting for his uncle for the next two weeks. We'll still see each other b/ he has to drive through Nashua to get to and from work.

We went to see "The Island" at the movies in Lowell, MA on Saturday night. Good movie. I felt it was a little long b/ it could have ended a few times, but I liked the story and concept. Does anyone know if there is a book this movie is based on? The time is supposed to be 2016, but there are flying cars in LA...

I've finished my blog for the cross country trip, as you can see. I did it in parts for easy reading and b/ I'd get tired of typing. My plans for the rest of today include an oil change for my car and to get some groceries. I know, I've been leading an exciting life.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home