Slow week
It's been a week, so I thought I'd update.
It's been a slow week. Not much has happened. I've been job admiring. I applied to one and got an instant rejection via email. They must have a computer scanning resumes or something. I was a little annoyed b/ I had just spent so much time updating my resume and reformatting it b/of the changes and then applying to the job... Oh well. At least I'm not waiting on pins and needles.
I've applied to two part-time jobs. One was for Borders as a cashier or coffee counter person, and the other was at Friendly's. This is a restaurant with an ice cream counter, too. The were hiring for a lot of jobs, but the manager wants waitresses. After wasting my morning, the "interview" with this Friendly's manager confirmed that I don't want to work there. He was such an ass. He kept repeating himself like I couldn't understand what he was saying and then, at the same time, talking down to me like I was one of his high school students. In the end, he wants a full-timer, and I'm only looking for part-time work. I'm still waiting to see if I hear from Borders.
Went to the Museum of Science in Boston on Saturday. It was a cool museum, literally. I spent the better part of the afternoon with Luke enjoying the air conditioning. That day was HOT. The heat index was in the hundreds cuz the humidity was so freakin' high. I'm told that this is an unusual summer and that it normally doesn't get like this. Great. Maybe I can hope for a normal winter cuz they had a heavy one last year... Anyway, the museum has three wings. We saw most of the blue wing and only an exhibit or two in the green wing. Out of those areas, my favorite was the temporary exhibit about the brain. They had brain size comparisions of human, dog, shark, and of course, a dinosaur (all which looked a tad real except for the cast of the dinosaur's hole in the skull where the brain would have been) and a lot of reading. Stuff on dreams, perception, and diseases. I found it interesting. The red wing was the theater, planetarium, food court, and store. We saw a movie on an IMAX-like screen called Omnimax. Same thing?? It was about the Nile. It followed this group of people who rafted the Nile from it's source at a lake in .... OK. I love maps, y'all... The documentaryish movie had the group start rafting from Lake Tana in Ethiopia. They followed the Blue Nile to Sudan and then took the Nile through Egypt. Their trip ended in Alexandria where the river meets the Mediterranean Sea. Good movie and only a little motion sickness from the plane or camera in the white water rafting scenes.
The flowers that KT sent have now passed. :>( They get an "E" for effort, but it was just too hot. The irises died a few days after their arrival and bloom. The lilies took their time to bloom. I'd cut off a dead one and hope that the others would stay alive until they all bloomed. No such luck. The last couple of days saw the flowers wilting and the unbloomed flower buds falling off the stems! Thank you to Katie and "The Family", again, for the good wishes and flowers.
Other than complaining about being a Bug Buffet while out at "Uncle Dave's", I think I have everyone caught up. Remember, when using the less DEET, more skin friendly version of Off, you must reapply. The directions say the protection only lasts for 2hrs! So, just like sunscreen, you have to re-spray the Off. And that, ladies-n-gentlemen, is my public service announcement for the week.
TTFN!
It's been a slow week. Not much has happened. I've been job admiring. I applied to one and got an instant rejection via email. They must have a computer scanning resumes or something. I was a little annoyed b/ I had just spent so much time updating my resume and reformatting it b/of the changes and then applying to the job... Oh well. At least I'm not waiting on pins and needles.
I've applied to two part-time jobs. One was for Borders as a cashier or coffee counter person, and the other was at Friendly's. This is a restaurant with an ice cream counter, too. The were hiring for a lot of jobs, but the manager wants waitresses. After wasting my morning, the "interview" with this Friendly's manager confirmed that I don't want to work there. He was such an ass. He kept repeating himself like I couldn't understand what he was saying and then, at the same time, talking down to me like I was one of his high school students. In the end, he wants a full-timer, and I'm only looking for part-time work. I'm still waiting to see if I hear from Borders.
Went to the Museum of Science in Boston on Saturday. It was a cool museum, literally. I spent the better part of the afternoon with Luke enjoying the air conditioning. That day was HOT. The heat index was in the hundreds cuz the humidity was so freakin' high. I'm told that this is an unusual summer and that it normally doesn't get like this. Great. Maybe I can hope for a normal winter cuz they had a heavy one last year... Anyway, the museum has three wings. We saw most of the blue wing and only an exhibit or two in the green wing. Out of those areas, my favorite was the temporary exhibit about the brain. They had brain size comparisions of human, dog, shark, and of course, a dinosaur (all which looked a tad real except for the cast of the dinosaur's hole in the skull where the brain would have been) and a lot of reading. Stuff on dreams, perception, and diseases. I found it interesting. The red wing was the theater, planetarium, food court, and store. We saw a movie on an IMAX-like screen called Omnimax. Same thing?? It was about the Nile. It followed this group of people who rafted the Nile from it's source at a lake in .... OK. I love maps, y'all... The documentaryish movie had the group start rafting from Lake Tana in Ethiopia. They followed the Blue Nile to Sudan and then took the Nile through Egypt. Their trip ended in Alexandria where the river meets the Mediterranean Sea. Good movie and only a little motion sickness from the plane or camera in the white water rafting scenes.
The flowers that KT sent have now passed. :>( They get an "E" for effort, but it was just too hot. The irises died a few days after their arrival and bloom. The lilies took their time to bloom. I'd cut off a dead one and hope that the others would stay alive until they all bloomed. No such luck. The last couple of days saw the flowers wilting and the unbloomed flower buds falling off the stems! Thank you to Katie and "The Family", again, for the good wishes and flowers.
Other than complaining about being a Bug Buffet while out at "Uncle Dave's", I think I have everyone caught up. Remember, when using the less DEET, more skin friendly version of Off, you must reapply. The directions say the protection only lasts for 2hrs! So, just like sunscreen, you have to re-spray the Off. And that, ladies-n-gentlemen, is my public service announcement for the week.
TTFN!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home