CALIFORNIA
I did a little grocery shopping yesterday. In the produce section, everything was labeled. There were CALIFORNIA red, seedless grapes and IDAHO potatoes and dried apricots vs dried CALIFORNIA apricots.... What's the big deal? I guess that Carolyn said it best with: CA has a lot of variety. I had no choice in grapes, but there were potato choices. Lots of bins and bags. Where's the bin with the pick-n-choose, plain brown potatoes? Needless to say, I spent quite a bit of time in Shaw's and the name on the food matters. It effects the prices. A grape is not just a grape and a potato is not just a potato.
My other observation was the lack of cheese selection. Mostly cheddars, not much Jack, and basically one brand option for the other stuff. At the deli counter, there was two types of American and one Swiss. :<( Not much cheese in these parts people. I did notice that there wasn't any CALIFORNIA cheese. I guess those cute, talking cows are wrong. People don't go to CA for the cheese. And, I'm guessing it's a local thing, but all the cheeses came in tiny packagings and they're pricey. I'm pretty sure I can buy more than 6 oz of cheese for $5 back home. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong and that I haven't been grocery shopping in a while....
There's about to be a drastic change in my diet.
My other observation was the lack of cheese selection. Mostly cheddars, not much Jack, and basically one brand option for the other stuff. At the deli counter, there was two types of American and one Swiss. :<( Not much cheese in these parts people. I did notice that there wasn't any CALIFORNIA cheese. I guess those cute, talking cows are wrong. People don't go to CA for the cheese. And, I'm guessing it's a local thing, but all the cheeses came in tiny packagings and they're pricey. I'm pretty sure I can buy more than 6 oz of cheese for $5 back home. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong and that I haven't been grocery shopping in a while....
There's about to be a drastic change in my diet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home