Happy (early) Birthday to Me
Yesterday, I had to be at work at 8am. Not an easy task as I have been sick. It started with a horrible sore throat (as always) on Friday and got worse from there. I spent my scheduled weekend off "in bed", mostly. So, after leaving work on Monday after almost 2hrs of being there, the thought of getting up for my 8am shift was dreadful. I made it anyway. There was no cashiering schedule/assignment yet, so being the only other cashier on duty, I assigned myself to the downstairs checklanes. I chose a lovely spot in the middle and twiddled my thumbs in between setting up the re-shop cart and pretending to zone the area around me. After the morning team huddle, various people (including the HR lady - oooohhhh!) wished me a happy early birthday. Okaaaay. That's nice. Then, Jason, one of the uniformed security guys said the same as he walked by. Odd. Security guys don't attend the morning huddles... I had to ask. Was my birthday announced or something? His reply, "yes". So, basically, any floor sales person that actually knew who I was or anyone with a walkie wished me a happy early birthday yesterday morning. Odd, but nice. I wonder if I'll be working on the day that they bring in the cake for the January birthdays?
In other birthday news, both Carolyn and Katie said that I have birthday presents in the mail (or soon to be). Yea!!! It's nice to be remembered by the loved ones. Today, I got my post card in the mail from my lovely State Farm agent, who, this year, is my new guy here in NH: Marc Plamondon.... I just thought of something.... I'm guessing that I won't get my birthday postcard from Dr. Vincek this year. Those were always cute. Dancing teeth and toothbrushes.
As for tomorrow, I have no plans. I didn't request it off, but I'm not scheduled to work. What to do with myself? I guess I'll just see how I feel tomorrow. Maybe Luke will wanna go out to dinner at Olive Garden? Thankfully, those gift cards were purchased in CA and can't expire or lose value, but I'm still starting to get a collection. I have one old one, one with 1/2 the amt (cuz KT and I shared it) and I received another one from my parents for Christmas. I'm guessing I can treat myself and a friend to dinner, huh?
In other birthday news, both Carolyn and Katie said that I have birthday presents in the mail (or soon to be). Yea!!! It's nice to be remembered by the loved ones. Today, I got my post card in the mail from my lovely State Farm agent, who, this year, is my new guy here in NH: Marc Plamondon.... I just thought of something.... I'm guessing that I won't get my birthday postcard from Dr. Vincek this year. Those were always cute. Dancing teeth and toothbrushes.
As for tomorrow, I have no plans. I didn't request it off, but I'm not scheduled to work. What to do with myself? I guess I'll just see how I feel tomorrow. Maybe Luke will wanna go out to dinner at Olive Garden? Thankfully, those gift cards were purchased in CA and can't expire or lose value, but I'm still starting to get a collection. I have one old one, one with 1/2 the amt (cuz KT and I shared it) and I received another one from my parents for Christmas. I'm guessing I can treat myself and a friend to dinner, huh?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home