Things that SUCK
So, I have to complain about a few things.
1. Gloves.
Yes, gloves suck. Wearing them is annoying. Even when I wear my "big" ones, my fingers are still cold. What is up with that? My main problem is finding some that fit correctly. I think that the perfect fit for me is between a Ladies' Small and a Ladies' Medium and I don't think they make that. I have issues with doing anything on a precise level, too. Try using your keys for anything. Try buttoning your jacket. Try opening a purse. It's all a no-go. Why must winter be so full of torture?!?!
2. Sourdough Bread.
Very hard to find. I spent a good 15 min in the bread isle of Shaw's tonight looking for it. What's "Italian Bread"?? Realizing that there is no french bread of any kind, I headed to the Bakery. Lots of empty places where bread should be, but not a lot of bread to choose from. How sad. :>( The only things I found were Sourdough Baggetts (which are waaay too hard to eat with Spaghetti) and something called "Country White Sourdough"... So, if any of my family reads this before next week and you're still wondering about what to get me for my birthday, here is a suggestion. Sourdough French Bread. I want a loaf. YUM! Columbo rocks. I almost bought some while waiting for my plane at the Oakland Airport last weekend, but I didn't. I thought it'd be too touristy and stupid. But, it isn't. Nope. I've seen the light! All I ask is for someone to wrap a loaf of bread tightly and to send it in the fast mail. It'll keep, I know. When traveling to Utah this summer, my car smelled of french bread the whole time. Even after we left Kathy's house, my car still smelled of the lovely stuff a day or two later.... ah, memories.
3. Target.
Just yesterday I was thinking about how great it is that Target doesn't have a lot of problems with theft and "missing" items from the Employee area. A lot of the people can barely clean up after themselves (particularly in the break room) and the messes just sit there b/of the "it ain't my mess" mentality. Considering that all the jackets are hung up out in the open and that half the lockers don't have keys or work properly, this hands-off thinking was great. Well, today, that has all changed for me. Today, Erin's wallet was stolen. She had it in one of the lockers that didn't lock. At break, it was there. At lunch, it was gone. She didn't get to eat lunch b/ she had no money, and she can't drive home b/ she doesn't have any keys. A co-worker gave her a ride home this afternoon, but the whole situation SUCKS.
1. Gloves.
Yes, gloves suck. Wearing them is annoying. Even when I wear my "big" ones, my fingers are still cold. What is up with that? My main problem is finding some that fit correctly. I think that the perfect fit for me is between a Ladies' Small and a Ladies' Medium and I don't think they make that. I have issues with doing anything on a precise level, too. Try using your keys for anything. Try buttoning your jacket. Try opening a purse. It's all a no-go. Why must winter be so full of torture?!?!
2. Sourdough Bread.
Very hard to find. I spent a good 15 min in the bread isle of Shaw's tonight looking for it. What's "Italian Bread"?? Realizing that there is no french bread of any kind, I headed to the Bakery. Lots of empty places where bread should be, but not a lot of bread to choose from. How sad. :>( The only things I found were Sourdough Baggetts (which are waaay too hard to eat with Spaghetti) and something called "Country White Sourdough"... So, if any of my family reads this before next week and you're still wondering about what to get me for my birthday, here is a suggestion. Sourdough French Bread. I want a loaf. YUM! Columbo rocks. I almost bought some while waiting for my plane at the Oakland Airport last weekend, but I didn't. I thought it'd be too touristy and stupid. But, it isn't. Nope. I've seen the light! All I ask is for someone to wrap a loaf of bread tightly and to send it in the fast mail. It'll keep, I know. When traveling to Utah this summer, my car smelled of french bread the whole time. Even after we left Kathy's house, my car still smelled of the lovely stuff a day or two later.... ah, memories.
3. Target.
Just yesterday I was thinking about how great it is that Target doesn't have a lot of problems with theft and "missing" items from the Employee area. A lot of the people can barely clean up after themselves (particularly in the break room) and the messes just sit there b/of the "it ain't my mess" mentality. Considering that all the jackets are hung up out in the open and that half the lockers don't have keys or work properly, this hands-off thinking was great. Well, today, that has all changed for me. Today, Erin's wallet was stolen. She had it in one of the lockers that didn't lock. At break, it was there. At lunch, it was gone. She didn't get to eat lunch b/ she had no money, and she can't drive home b/ she doesn't have any keys. A co-worker gave her a ride home this afternoon, but the whole situation SUCKS.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home