Life in the Golden State

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Interview Tomorrow

I have my interview tomorrow. While trying to not get my hopes up too much, I'm still kinda nervous. Will I get there on time? The weather is debateable and changes all the time. As long as traffic is agreeable, I should make it to the train station by the "early train". What do I wear?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Luke and I went down to Boston yesterday. I drove to the train station, as a practice, so I know if I make a wrong turn. We took the train to Boston and, as it turns out, the building I need to get to is barely a block away from the station exit! How cool is that? The area seems not-creepy and there are the "normal" construction sites (they're all over Boston all year long) mixed with restaurants and even a branch of my bank. Very convenient.

We then went down into the subway and made our way to Harvard. Aside from being FREEZING b/of the wind, it was a nice walk. Quiet campus despite all the people. We both felt a aura of knowledge and awe. Of respect. Almost like we were walking on holy ground. I didn't expect that. A few guys were playing football on one of the lawns (one guy in shorts w/ very red legs). Lots of brick buildings and we had some confusing directions provided by the website to find their Museum of Natural History. Inside was a lot of stuffed animals, dead animals, and fake animals. They had one skeleton of that huge-ass fish/dinosaur that lived around Australia that a lot of the New Zealand museums had talked about. Another NZ memory was seeing the replica of the Moa. There is an exhibit on glass flowers that these two guys made in the late 1800's. Very, very, very life-like. There's little hairs and bulbs of pollen and everything. I expected the colors to be more vibrant, but I had to remind myself that these items were over 100 years old. They were awesome. The other exhibit of note was a new one on global warming, the earth's history of ice ages and heatings (as in redwoods and tropical flowers on the poles!), and on what we can do to help reduce CO2 emissions.

From there, we easily made it across campus and back to the subway. We went to the Union Oyster House for dinner. Not as busy as the last time we were there. Quiet for a Saturday night. I guess that it has to do with Boston's off-season for tourism. Luke says that the locals usually only go there for the lunch specials, if at all, b/of all the tourists that head there. Not finding anything I wanted to eat on the menu, I ordered the same thing as I got last time. Bummer. I wanted to try something new, but the only appealing thing (at the time) was the mushroom ravioli, and they were expensive. For two bucks more, I decided to get the lobster ravioli cuz, after all, I was at a seafood place. Also, for the second time in history, I had a cup of clam chowder. It was so good, I didn't even add any pepper. It was then I decided that I need to just make myself a cup of soup at home. Forget the bowl. It's too much. The cup-o-soups were just the right size for this non-soup eater.

Today, Luke bought a Christmas tree. It's the first one in the history of this apartment, so I got to help pick out a few ornaments and lights and even a tree stand. We've rearranged the furnature in the living room and now have the tree in the corner. I'm not too sure how the air mattress is going to fit in there now, but that is something to figure out later tonight when I go to bed. Or, maybe, I'll get to have Luke's bed again as the Chargers don't start their game until 830pm. hmmmm.

Well, I'm off to make myself some dinner and to figure out what to wear tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home