Life in the Golden State

Friday, September 16, 2005

Mt. Washington, NH







Mt. Washington is the highest point in New England. It is in the northern part of the state, about 2-3 hrs from Nashua. We went there last Saturday and Luke received a (free) bumper sticker for his car proclaiming: This car climbed Mt. Washington.

Since then, I've learned how to post pictures, though, not in the order I'd thought they'd be in. I hope y'all enjoy.

Top Picture: Me at the summit of Mt. Washington at 6,000 and something feet. At the bottom of the mountain, the ranger station said it was around 40 degrees and the winds were 12 mph. By the time we climbed to the top, the Visitor's Center said the wind speed was ranging between 20-40 mph. It was cold and knocking us off balance.

Second Picture: Depending on our direction, this is the tree line either fading or entering our view.

Third Picture: Skyline view from the edge of the Visitor's Center.

Fourth Picture: The car was climbing the hazardous road. Supposedly, it fits two cars at any point, but it sure doesn't feel like it - esp when we got to the unpaved part.

Fifth Picture: The Mt. Washington train. It climbs the mountain a lot. I like how it's put together backwards. It must help with control of the decent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home