Life in the Golden State

Friday, September 09, 2005

VICTORY!!!

The past two days, Luke and I have been living in fear of this huge, awful spider. He decided to make a web across the back door. It wasn't there when either of us came home Wednesday night, but went Luke tried to go put the pizza box in the big trash can, he was confronted by HIM. He's a spider that's at least a 1/2 inch long, brownish-reddish in the wonderful glow of the porch light, and has a white belly. The web took up half the doorframe. I think that one of us would have noticed him....

Yesterday, he was gone. I took down his web, cautiously, as I tried to look inside the light to see if he was there. I thought he was gone, but last night Luke came in the front door (and had parked farther up the driveway than normal) so he didn't have to be near the spider. I said that it was gone, and his response was to open up the back door to an even larger web with a few small bugs caught, some of them wrapped up in webbing. YUCK!

Determined to not be pushed around by a yucky spider, I just killed him. Yes, ME. When I got home from work, I took the only can of bug spray I can find in the apt (it was for roaches, but I didn't care) and sprayed the web. I couldn't see Mr. Spider. I sprayed some more stuff along the doorframe, carefully not getting too near the light and possible second home to the spider. I went and got a stick from the bushes and started to take down his gigantic web when he comes crawling down!!! eeeewwwww! He stumbled a little bit as he got the the part I sprayed. I then took the can and aimed it at him as he kept crawling towards me. I sprayed a few more times and he finally stopped crawling down the web. I thought he was dead. I proceed with my plan to take down the web, and he either crawls or falls down more toward me. aaaahhhh! I jump back and spray the spot he landed until there was a small puddle surrounding him with toxic chemicals. D-I-E! I left him in his final resting place for Luke to see my accomplishment later this evening.

It may just be the toxic fumes of the bug spray, but I'm on a high. I'm feeling good and victorious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home