Life in the Golden State

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Apartment Showings

This week has been full of apartment showings! I think that the owners of this house have lowered the asking price cuz we experienced quite a few weeks w/o any annoying phone calls asking us to not be around. There were one, each, on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings before either of us had to leave for work. annoying. Then, on Friday there were three messages. Two were for yesterday, and one was for that afternoon, at 2pm. Um, yeah, sure. That's OK that a few people paraded through the messy apartment w/o our knowledge until after the fact. We cannot wait until the house sells! Yesterday, whomever the last group was that came through here (and I'll blame them b/ it makes the most sense) knocked my turtle off the wall and he's now only three-legged. how sad. At least he has a friend in the 3lb fish who's out there, somewhere. On top of that, they didn't lock the front door!!!. Hello! I had left the apt with both the top and bottom locks locked, and neither were turned when I got home last night. I left a complaint on Viv from Remax's voicemail (she's the primary relator).

Other than that, the sickness is slowing going away. I forgot to take the second box (4 days' worth) of antibiotics that the doctor gave me last week, so I'm taking them, again, starting today. I got my flu shot with no issues and NO LINES. Shocker. My schedule request for less hours at Target wasn't granted with the newly released schedule. I'm waiting until the next one comes out on this coming Thursday before I complain b/ that error could be due to the fact that I talked to my supervisor only two days before the schedule posting....

Luke is currently in Las Vegas for the big suprise party for his brother's 30th. The sister-in-law reserved a room at one of the big hotels and a lot of family flew out there to celebrate. I pick him up on Tuesday morning from Boston. I'm not looking forward to it. I haven't seen much in the way of traffic except for two occasions: 1) the day it rained on a Saturday and it took me 40 min to get to work instead of my normal 15-ish and I was late, 2) driving down to Boston to pick Luke up when he came back from Vegas (oddly enough he was seeing the brother then, too) and it took me about 2hrs to get to the airport b/ I was in the morning commute. Luke still has to call me about Tuesday, but I think his plane gets in at 830am, so I have to leave here at 630am!

In just got caught up on everyone's blogs and I just wanted to say, Congratulations, Lisa! on getting your permit. Also, I want to wish good luck and happy thoughts to Kathy and Mark, Carolyn's sister and brother-in-law. One of their newborn twins is undergoing surgery this week.

And, finally, I hope that Jen, Phillip, Lisa, and Sara had safe journeys this weekend. Jen was at an out-of-state training, Phillip was moving back to San Leandro, Lisa was visiting Greg, and Sara went to see her parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home