Dairy Queen
So, I ran a few errands and found myself over by Khol's. There is an almost open Starbuck's next to that store AND it has a DRIVE-IN! Now, I'm not the huge coffee drinker, but I do love their seasonal coffees. My favorite these last few years is the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Y-U-M! Disappointed that I couldn't get one w/o driving waaaay across town and almost to the Target I work at, I decided to drive by the Dairy Queen that's on the 130 between Kohl's and Amherst St/101A. It was still open. Score.
This particular place is just an ice cream stand and has no food. I discovered that it is open year-round. I found this to be odd b/ the one that is in Hudson on the way to Luke's work closes and that one has a restaurant. I guess the traffic plays a large role. The traffic on the 130 was basically a one lane parking lot. The lady with the broom said that it isn't uncommon for people to pull out of traffic and to get some ice cream. "It's never too cold for ice cream" and I agree. I could see my breath as I talked with her and it was raining, but I wanted some ice cream. Appearently the owners just put up a sun room thing that day. It extends the building another few feet and will be a heated area for the customers once the windows get put into the frame tomorrow.
Anyway, I ordered a small Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. It's not the wonderful pumpkin ice cream from Dryer's/Eddy's (which I saw at CVS and shall go back there if Shaw's doesn't have any), but the vanilla soft serve mixed with pumpkin pie filling, cookies/crust, and some nutmeg. Very good. Better than I thought since I don't actually like pumpkin pie. It has to be the texture of it b/ I'm not a fan of flan either... I'm saving the ice cream for enjoyment with the new episode of "Lost" that airs in about an hour and a half. :>)
This is my highlight for the day since I've broken or almost broken a couple of Luke's things today. I'm sorry, again, Luke.
This particular place is just an ice cream stand and has no food. I discovered that it is open year-round. I found this to be odd b/ the one that is in Hudson on the way to Luke's work closes and that one has a restaurant. I guess the traffic plays a large role. The traffic on the 130 was basically a one lane parking lot. The lady with the broom said that it isn't uncommon for people to pull out of traffic and to get some ice cream. "It's never too cold for ice cream" and I agree. I could see my breath as I talked with her and it was raining, but I wanted some ice cream. Appearently the owners just put up a sun room thing that day. It extends the building another few feet and will be a heated area for the customers once the windows get put into the frame tomorrow.
Anyway, I ordered a small Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. It's not the wonderful pumpkin ice cream from Dryer's/Eddy's (which I saw at CVS and shall go back there if Shaw's doesn't have any), but the vanilla soft serve mixed with pumpkin pie filling, cookies/crust, and some nutmeg. Very good. Better than I thought since I don't actually like pumpkin pie. It has to be the texture of it b/ I'm not a fan of flan either... I'm saving the ice cream for enjoyment with the new episode of "Lost" that airs in about an hour and a half. :>)
This is my highlight for the day since I've broken or almost broken a couple of Luke's things today. I'm sorry, again, Luke.

1 Comments:
i'm so glad that i'm not the only one in the world that takes time out of their life to talk about starbuck's!
By
shirley, At
11/09/2005 11:35:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home