Halloween
Halloween was OK. I worked that whole weekend. I worked on the "holiday" itself. The mall had trick-or-treating. Saw lots of cute kids, some of whom were in very creative and unique costumes. THe watermelon with the lady bug on her tummy in the stroller has to be the winner. Lots of princesses, Power Rangers, and Supermans. Clifford was another favorite. THe kid had a whole Clifford head as a hat. Cute. I can't remember the other costumes I liked. That night I got home and ate dinner with Luke. We then watched I Know What You Did Last Summer. Scary yet stupid. Luke had fun watching me jump, scream, and hide my eyes (at the bloody parts) like the girl that I am.
On the 3rd, I took Luke to the Manchester Airport very early in the morning. He had a 7am flight. I had no problem making it to work by 8am, but I was tired the whole day. I've worked every day since and today was my first day off in a while.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROLYN! Today she turned 27 and finally caught up to the rest of us. She thanked me for my e-card earlier and says she enjoyed the Birthday Pie of her choice from the co-workers: Lemon Mereigne... or, however it is you spell that word. I only like the lemon goo in that pie, not the topping.
Life around here is a mixture. It's cold for the most part and then we'll have a day or so of it getting up into the 60's. I've experienced my first "wet snow". It may have been on the 29th of October b/ I didn't have to go to work until 1pm. The night before Luke and I were laughing at the weather forcast. When the guy put up the 5-day forcast, "tomorrow" showed a sun, cloud, rain, and a snow flake with the words FOG on the bottom. That turned out to be true. It was kinda sunny then overcast. I was in my car when it started to rain, but I noticed a few of the rains were fluttering to the ground. A few fell on my car and looked like rain drops. As it turned out, they were little chunks of ice melting on contact with my car or the ground. Interesting, huh? OK, not for y'all who've actually experienced winter outside the Bay Area, but for me it was interesting and exciting and kinda scary b/of the SNOW aspect of it all.
No pictures to post of a lovely New England fall b/ I have none. The fall season has been unusual (do I sound like a broken record yet?). It's been raining a lot and not much sunshine. The leaves that turned weren't as vibrant is they were last year. Luke and I did walk around the neighborhood one morning before work and took a few pictures in the overcast, yet bright, day. Unfortunately, before I could post them, he went to Las Vegas for the brother's surprise party and erased them. Now, most the leaves are gone from the pretty trees. Either they fell off on their own, or the last storm blew them all off. There are lots of evergreens and brown trees on the way to Target, but around the neighborhood, lots of evergreens and bald/balding trees. Winter is coming soon.
Speaking of winter, I get my remote car starter installed on Saturday. It was supposed to happen today, but someone shipped the wrong part. I do not own a Honda Prelude. But, I do own my first ice scraper and snow brush combo. I got the one with the handle that extends. I may not own a truck, but I've got short arms and I may need that extra length. I also bought a pair of boots. They're waterproof and only go as high as hightops. I'm told that's good enough for city walkin' on all the plowed walkways, parking lots, and driveways. I may have to buy some actual snow boots later on if we do anything outside for an extended period of time. Things I still need to purchase are my sand bag or two for the trunk of my car to weigh it down and some special snow salt (appearently you can't just use regular table salt) for if I get stuck anywhere.
The only other thing I've been doing this past week or so is looking for a job online (I sent out one application last week) and thinking of Christmas shopping. I have to get everything ready early so it can be mailed by early December. I bought Luke's present a few days ago after work. I just need some wrapping paper to "hide" it before he comes back to NH on the 22nd. Anyone want anything in particular? Let me know very soon. :>)
On the 3rd, I took Luke to the Manchester Airport very early in the morning. He had a 7am flight. I had no problem making it to work by 8am, but I was tired the whole day. I've worked every day since and today was my first day off in a while.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROLYN! Today she turned 27 and finally caught up to the rest of us. She thanked me for my e-card earlier and says she enjoyed the Birthday Pie of her choice from the co-workers: Lemon Mereigne... or, however it is you spell that word. I only like the lemon goo in that pie, not the topping.
Life around here is a mixture. It's cold for the most part and then we'll have a day or so of it getting up into the 60's. I've experienced my first "wet snow". It may have been on the 29th of October b/ I didn't have to go to work until 1pm. The night before Luke and I were laughing at the weather forcast. When the guy put up the 5-day forcast, "tomorrow" showed a sun, cloud, rain, and a snow flake with the words FOG on the bottom. That turned out to be true. It was kinda sunny then overcast. I was in my car when it started to rain, but I noticed a few of the rains were fluttering to the ground. A few fell on my car and looked like rain drops. As it turned out, they were little chunks of ice melting on contact with my car or the ground. Interesting, huh? OK, not for y'all who've actually experienced winter outside the Bay Area, but for me it was interesting and exciting and kinda scary b/of the SNOW aspect of it all.
No pictures to post of a lovely New England fall b/ I have none. The fall season has been unusual (do I sound like a broken record yet?). It's been raining a lot and not much sunshine. The leaves that turned weren't as vibrant is they were last year. Luke and I did walk around the neighborhood one morning before work and took a few pictures in the overcast, yet bright, day. Unfortunately, before I could post them, he went to Las Vegas for the brother's surprise party and erased them. Now, most the leaves are gone from the pretty trees. Either they fell off on their own, or the last storm blew them all off. There are lots of evergreens and brown trees on the way to Target, but around the neighborhood, lots of evergreens and bald/balding trees. Winter is coming soon.
Speaking of winter, I get my remote car starter installed on Saturday. It was supposed to happen today, but someone shipped the wrong part. I do not own a Honda Prelude. But, I do own my first ice scraper and snow brush combo. I got the one with the handle that extends. I may not own a truck, but I've got short arms and I may need that extra length. I also bought a pair of boots. They're waterproof and only go as high as hightops. I'm told that's good enough for city walkin' on all the plowed walkways, parking lots, and driveways. I may have to buy some actual snow boots later on if we do anything outside for an extended period of time. Things I still need to purchase are my sand bag or two for the trunk of my car to weigh it down and some special snow salt (appearently you can't just use regular table salt) for if I get stuck anywhere.
The only other thing I've been doing this past week or so is looking for a job online (I sent out one application last week) and thinking of Christmas shopping. I have to get everything ready early so it can be mailed by early December. I bought Luke's present a few days ago after work. I just need some wrapping paper to "hide" it before he comes back to NH on the 22nd. Anyone want anything in particular? Let me know very soon. :>)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home