Life in the Golden State

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Highlights

Not much time to write recently. Sorry 'bout that. But, then again, it doesn't matter too much b/ I don't have too much going on. Working LOTS and trying to see people that have nothing to do with work....

The weekend after my last post was a good one. I had Saturday off. KT had taken Kieran for the night and then brought her back up here on Saturday morning. She stopped by my parents' house and picked me up on her way to Faolan's circus class. It's held in Oakland, somewhere between downtown and the Bay Bridge in a wharehouse. The teacher was great. He really played around with the three girls. There were other classes going on at the same time. The older kids were learning to do flips while on the trampoline and the in-between-ers were randomly hanging on a trapeeze. Kieran CANNOT wait until she's 3. She's soooo ready to go run around like sister does. Afterwards, we went to lunch at a shish kabob place in Emeryville at that shopping center with the movie theater near Ikea. I never made it over to the city that night, though, to see Carolyn and to eat at Bubba Gump's at Pier 39. Instead, I rescheduled for Sunday night.

Phillip was the only person who went with me cuz KT was still writing a paper and no one else was interested. We took public transit w/o any major problems. Dinner was yummy and we overate. We then nearly froze as we waited for Carolyn to get off work. The host with the mic kept staring at us and waving from inside the restaurant, but he didn't ask what we were up to. I promised Phillip that the next time the host came by the door and waved or pointed at us that I'd go ask to be let back in... instead, he never came back around! Thankfully, Carolyn came out soon after. We went with her to watch her eat at Osha and then to pack a bag to spend the night at her parents' house. The three of us had a good night.

This past Sunday was just a nice, kinda relaxing day. I spent it cleaning my room and upstairs bathroom. My environmentally safe cleaner was used for the first time. I like it. Not a lot of suds, but it was unscented and didn't get me lightheaded. I vacuumed my blinds and washed my bedding and today I noticed how much less congested I was when I woke up. Yes! Success! Later that night, Dad and I ate the crock potted stew he made. Not bad. Then, Phillip came over and we ended up watching Star Wars Episode III (instead of Crash). We munched on some cookies and ice cream that he was kind enough to purchase and bring along with him. mmmmm. Ben & Jerry's. I got to use my ice cream cozy for the first time. :>) I love it! It's soooo much better than a kitchen towel.

This coming Thursday, Mom is supposed to get out of the hospital again. She was there late last week b/of another infection in her foot. One antibiotic was used all weekend and it cleared up most the infection. Now, she's on another antibiotic to kill the second bug that she has!

In other medical news, George is fine. He had some lump on his ribs. HUGE, like, softball sized, one night. He went to the doctor, who took some tests, which turned out to be "inconclusive". What the hell! The lump oozed for a day and is now not really noticable. George is back to eating and running around, so I guess he's fine. It wasn't cancerous like Sandy's was, but maybe an infected scratch... Oddly enough, the vet called as I typed this. They're holding more antibiotics for George. I said I'd go and pick them up. I've got $14... then, off to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home