Life in the Golden State

Monday, January 30, 2006

First Weekend Home

My weekend went well. On Friday, my sister picked me up from the airport with both Faolan and Kieran in tow. We had lunch at El Torrito, chased a few birds in the parking lot, painted some pottery for Mommy and Daddy, and went to Lord's (Loard's??) Ice Cream where the girls split a strawberry shake and KT and I split a sundae. Since Auntie Amy was exhausted from being up since 130am (CA time), we came home and skipped the P-A-R-K idea. I had dinner with the family, moved some furnature around, and put away some Christmas decoration boxes. Bed was a welcome site by the time I got there.

On Saturday, I did basically nothing. I tried to sleep in, but was awake by 530am. I stayed in bed until I couldn't stand my hunger and searched for breakfast downstairs at 730am. I cleaned up my room and Dan's old room and put away my stuff. I can't remember what else I did, but I never left the house. yaaaay jet-lag!

On Sunday, I picked up Grandma Barbara and took her down to KT's apt. Instead of seeing a new movie, we decided to go up to Palo Alto to a theater that shows old films. We had a wonderful lunch at Bella Luna, an Italian Restaurant, next door to the theater. We missed the beginning of the movie, but I caught on right away anyway and Katie and Grandma had already seen the movie and didn't care. We watched "Gone With The Wind" for 4 1/2 hrs plus an intermission. I loved it. It must have been an original copy of the movie b/ it kept skipping and jumping and garble-ing the words occasionally. That was a little distracting, but OK cuz it added to the charm of the setting. Afterwards, we went the the Cheesecake Factory for some goodies. I got a Kalua one, Grandma a Lemon Raspberry one, and KT broke with the theme and ordered the most gigantic ice cream sandwich. It was a good day.

I start work today at Grandma Nancy's office. My hours will be 2-8pm M-F, and every other Saturday, so far. I'm sure that'll increase as "tax season" wears on. If you remember last year, I had a couple of weeks at the end where I worked 50, 60, and even 70+ hrs/wk....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home