A Drive in the Country
Actaually, it was on the outskirts of Nashua.
After I got my car looked at (and fixed for a safety error that'd be required to be fixed if I was registered in NH and had to comply with annual inspections), I went to the Nashua Police Dept. That was very different. You walk through the double doors to a lobby with a metal detector in the middle of the floor. It wasn't over the inner set of doors, but in the middle of the lobby. It was earily empty and my footsteps echoed. The receptionists were behind glass and there were no forms available in the lobby. There were no receptionists facing me and a lady happened to walk by and asked what I needed. I told her I wanted a copy of my police report. It was $5 and could only be paid in cash or a check. They may have recently remodeled (there was a placard nearby), but they didn't get upgraded! My report didn't have any mention as to if my plates were part of that crime spree (for which someone was arrested) or not. I asked the lady if she'd know. Nope. But, if they were part of the collection the police found, then I should have received a call. Well, I didn't get a call. hmmm. Good-bye "for your life, 16". I have a police report if I'm ever wanted for a crime. Hello, officially, to 5scw or 5swc something-something-something.
Anyway, I had wantd to back-track to exit six to go to Kohl's for a t-shirt or two and some socks. I thought that if I headed in that direction (instead of getting back on the freeway) that I'd get there.
Nope.
The road I'd turned on had big paw prints in the asphalt. I didn't get it. They started at the end of the NPD's driveway... It ended up to be a dead-end street and I found myself on Nashua HS South's campus. ooops. I turned around and didn't know what side street to take. I decided on the main drag. I turn right (instead of left to go back to the freeway) and headed towards W. Hollis and Hollis. Those city names are always on the sign for the freeway exit.
Well, I ended up admiring a ton of nice houses and then I found myself surrounded by farms. Lots of fruit stands and flowers and open space. All of this, amazingly, a few miles south of the highway. Not having put my maps back in my car, yet, I was a tad nervous that I might get lost in the backroads of NH, but I was confident in my sense of direction. Somewhere, I saw an intersection for W. Hollis and Hollis. Since Hollis was to the right and more towards Nashua and the highway, I turned... A beautiful landscaping business. More farms. Signs for cattle crossing and horse crossing.
I finally ended up in Hollis, I assume. I passed what looked like a town square (with the obligatory war memorial statue) , a big ass church, and a few shops. I, again, turned right towards the sign that said 130. yea freeway signs! W/o them, I wouldn't have a clue. My beloved Exit 6 says 130/Hollis/W. Hollis..... Soon after, I found out that Nashua was 6 miles away. :>) I passed into Nashua, though you'd hardly notice if you weren't looking for the sign. For some reason, city signs are tall, thin and freeway-green color. They look like this:
The signs are as wide as the letters and they're on a tiny, little sticks. That's it. Forgetable. So, I passed by Nashua HS North and then found the Kohl's I was looking for. I should have stopped in Hollis and walked around some, but, I wasn't interested in exploring THAT much.
After I got my car looked at (and fixed for a safety error that'd be required to be fixed if I was registered in NH and had to comply with annual inspections), I went to the Nashua Police Dept. That was very different. You walk through the double doors to a lobby with a metal detector in the middle of the floor. It wasn't over the inner set of doors, but in the middle of the lobby. It was earily empty and my footsteps echoed. The receptionists were behind glass and there were no forms available in the lobby. There were no receptionists facing me and a lady happened to walk by and asked what I needed. I told her I wanted a copy of my police report. It was $5 and could only be paid in cash or a check. They may have recently remodeled (there was a placard nearby), but they didn't get upgraded! My report didn't have any mention as to if my plates were part of that crime spree (for which someone was arrested) or not. I asked the lady if she'd know. Nope. But, if they were part of the collection the police found, then I should have received a call. Well, I didn't get a call. hmmm. Good-bye "for your life, 16". I have a police report if I'm ever wanted for a crime. Hello, officially, to 5scw or 5swc something-something-something.
Anyway, I had wantd to back-track to exit six to go to Kohl's for a t-shirt or two and some socks. I thought that if I headed in that direction (instead of getting back on the freeway) that I'd get there.
Nope.
The road I'd turned on had big paw prints in the asphalt. I didn't get it. They started at the end of the NPD's driveway... It ended up to be a dead-end street and I found myself on Nashua HS South's campus. ooops. I turned around and didn't know what side street to take. I decided on the main drag. I turn right (instead of left to go back to the freeway) and headed towards W. Hollis and Hollis. Those city names are always on the sign for the freeway exit.
Well, I ended up admiring a ton of nice houses and then I found myself surrounded by farms. Lots of fruit stands and flowers and open space. All of this, amazingly, a few miles south of the highway. Not having put my maps back in my car, yet, I was a tad nervous that I might get lost in the backroads of NH, but I was confident in my sense of direction. Somewhere, I saw an intersection for W. Hollis and Hollis. Since Hollis was to the right and more towards Nashua and the highway, I turned... A beautiful landscaping business. More farms. Signs for cattle crossing and horse crossing.
I finally ended up in Hollis, I assume. I passed what looked like a town square (with the obligatory war memorial statue) , a big ass church, and a few shops. I, again, turned right towards the sign that said 130. yea freeway signs! W/o them, I wouldn't have a clue. My beloved Exit 6 says 130/Hollis/W. Hollis..... Soon after, I found out that Nashua was 6 miles away. :>) I passed into Nashua, though you'd hardly notice if you weren't looking for the sign. For some reason, city signs are tall, thin and freeway-green color. They look like this:
T/L
N
A
S
H
U
A
The signs are as wide as the letters and they're on a tiny, little sticks. That's it. Forgetable. So, I passed by Nashua HS North and then found the Kohl's I was looking for. I should have stopped in Hollis and walked around some, but, I wasn't interested in exploring THAT much.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home