I'm Home!
I arrived in good ol' San Leandro last Wednesday - the 5th.
Since then, I've been unpacking and sorting and moving boxes around. A few of the boxes that people helped me to stack in my closet (with hopes that they were going to be shipped to NH or MA in the future) had to be re-located to my brother's old room. I now have new boxes there with my winter clothing and VHS tapes that I may wanna watch as I haven't seen them in at least a year.
I'm going back to work at grandma's office. Yes, there is work to do. Margie sounds like she can use the help dealing with the angry clients. I don't blame them, but there is only so much that Mom can do. I've lost count as to how many times she's been in the hospital. Five? Yes, that's right. It was three times between Jan and April 15th. Then she went in before I left for NH on May 23rd to get the amputation and debried (sp??). Then, she went back in b/ the stupid doctors sent her home with a pin-sized hole and a hard cast. Like all the sweat and stale air won't hurt her almost-healed foot? Stupid men. So, now she's out and expects to go back in Sept to re-do her knee replacement as this infection she's been battling has made it not heal correctly.... Anyway, there is work to do.
At the same time, I'm looking for a job. Any suggestions as to what to apply for? I'm going for anything at this point. Hell, look at my uncle. He has a BS with computer stuff, got a MBA right after that, and now, rumor has it, he's working as an anesthesiologist's assistant at some hospital in the city! Whatever pays the bills, right?
As for my trip, I don't have a lot of my own pictures. My camera broke the first time I tried to use it in Philadelphia, so KT and I shared the digital one. We have all the pics on her laptop. Normally, I'd type up a journal, but I'm too tired to do that. Plus, I kinda stopped writing one somewhere in TN.
May 23rd, flew to Manchester, NH and Luke picked me up in MY car. It was nice to see her.
packed, got car serviced, closed bank acct, saw old employer to thank for the option of re-hire, and ate out a lot. Luke and I never ate out so much when I lived there.
June 1st, KT flew into Manchester. Luke was at work and I took her to Portsmouth, NH. We also crossed into Maine, but she was tired and I didn't have anything planned.
didn't take KT sightseeing as much as i wanted to. wasn't done packing. where did i get all the crap from?? Luke and I took her to Boston one day and she went on another by herself. it rained a lot, too.
June 7th, we say good-bye to Luke. He headed to Boston to pick up sister and her family and I took KT out of NH. We skipped Salem, MA as it was raining so hard I could barely see the road and she figured it wouldn't be too fun. We also skipped Six Flags New England as the storm probably wasn't conducive to amusement park rides.
June 8th
Philadelphia, PA - Ben Franklin R-O-C-K-S!!!
June 11th
Hershey, PA - niiice company town. Hershey really took care of his people and the community.
Niagra Falls, NY, USA and Niagra Falls, Ontario, Canada - NY side is a hell-hole. If you go, stay on the fun Canadian side.
June 13th
Cleveland, OH - Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. All we saw and left next morning.
June 14th
Springboro, OH - stayed with Aunt Lynne. She's one of Grandma Nancy's sisters.
June 16th
Nashville, TN - Country Music Hall of Fame. Downtown area not as big as you'd think. Wildhorse Saloon was awesome!
June 19th
Memphis, TN - Graceland was trapped in the 70's, but neat to see. Very modest and homey for a mansion.
June 21st
Little Rock, AR - missed city tour. Saw Clinton Library. Enjoyed myself
June 22nd
Hot Springs, AR - nice area. pretty. had fun at bathhouse
June 23rd
Dallas, TX area - stayed in Garland and saw a rodeo one night. Great video to share. Saw JFK Museum/Memorial. Terrific. Better understanding of his legacy. Texas, in general, is just a bunch of sky. nifty.
June 25th
Carlsbad, NM - saw bats at cavern. Cavern tours not as strenuous or hard as they advertize.
June 26th
Roswell, NM - paused there before we almost died in thunderstorm. Not full of alien stuff as hoped.
Albuquerque, NM - went on longest tramway in world, I think. Great view
June 27th
Sedona, AZ - known for red rocks. Red, they were. All park accesses were closed due to fire.
June 29th
Grand Canyon, AZ - take the train from Williams. 7,000 cars/day and only 1,800 parking spots. Awesome. Can't describe the massiveness nor the beauty (despite another nearby, semi-controlled fire).
Flagstaff, AZ - spent night there. didn't seem to be much but shopping near hotels.
June 30th
Barstow, CA - hot. saw the Calico Ghost Town.
July 1st
San Luis Obispo, CA - met up with Phillip, ate dinner, went bar hopping. KT's friends showed up too b/of lack of entertainment in Bay Area.
July 2nd
Paso Robles, CA - stayed with Aunt Mary and Uncle Al. went wine tasting and did 4th of July stuff.
July 5th
San Leandro, CA - surprised to find Mom home as she was supposed to be in hospital for another day or two. Unloaded my car. Went to bed early.
Since then, I've been unpacking and sorting and moving boxes around. A few of the boxes that people helped me to stack in my closet (with hopes that they were going to be shipped to NH or MA in the future) had to be re-located to my brother's old room. I now have new boxes there with my winter clothing and VHS tapes that I may wanna watch as I haven't seen them in at least a year.
I'm going back to work at grandma's office. Yes, there is work to do. Margie sounds like she can use the help dealing with the angry clients. I don't blame them, but there is only so much that Mom can do. I've lost count as to how many times she's been in the hospital. Five? Yes, that's right. It was three times between Jan and April 15th. Then she went in before I left for NH on May 23rd to get the amputation and debried (sp??). Then, she went back in b/ the stupid doctors sent her home with a pin-sized hole and a hard cast. Like all the sweat and stale air won't hurt her almost-healed foot? Stupid men. So, now she's out and expects to go back in Sept to re-do her knee replacement as this infection she's been battling has made it not heal correctly.... Anyway, there is work to do.
At the same time, I'm looking for a job. Any suggestions as to what to apply for? I'm going for anything at this point. Hell, look at my uncle. He has a BS with computer stuff, got a MBA right after that, and now, rumor has it, he's working as an anesthesiologist's assistant at some hospital in the city! Whatever pays the bills, right?
As for my trip, I don't have a lot of my own pictures. My camera broke the first time I tried to use it in Philadelphia, so KT and I shared the digital one. We have all the pics on her laptop. Normally, I'd type up a journal, but I'm too tired to do that. Plus, I kinda stopped writing one somewhere in TN.
My Cross Country Trip:
May 23rd, flew to Manchester, NH and Luke picked me up in MY car. It was nice to see her.
packed, got car serviced, closed bank acct, saw old employer to thank for the option of re-hire, and ate out a lot. Luke and I never ate out so much when I lived there.
June 1st, KT flew into Manchester. Luke was at work and I took her to Portsmouth, NH. We also crossed into Maine, but she was tired and I didn't have anything planned.
didn't take KT sightseeing as much as i wanted to. wasn't done packing. where did i get all the crap from?? Luke and I took her to Boston one day and she went on another by herself. it rained a lot, too.
June 7th, we say good-bye to Luke. He headed to Boston to pick up sister and her family and I took KT out of NH. We skipped Salem, MA as it was raining so hard I could barely see the road and she figured it wouldn't be too fun. We also skipped Six Flags New England as the storm probably wasn't conducive to amusement park rides.
June 8th
Philadelphia, PA - Ben Franklin R-O-C-K-S!!!
June 11th
Hershey, PA - niiice company town. Hershey really took care of his people and the community.
Niagra Falls, NY, USA and Niagra Falls, Ontario, Canada - NY side is a hell-hole. If you go, stay on the fun Canadian side.
June 13th
Cleveland, OH - Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. All we saw and left next morning.
June 14th
Springboro, OH - stayed with Aunt Lynne. She's one of Grandma Nancy's sisters.
June 16th
Nashville, TN - Country Music Hall of Fame. Downtown area not as big as you'd think. Wildhorse Saloon was awesome!
June 19th
Memphis, TN - Graceland was trapped in the 70's, but neat to see. Very modest and homey for a mansion.
June 21st
Little Rock, AR - missed city tour. Saw Clinton Library. Enjoyed myself
June 22nd
Hot Springs, AR - nice area. pretty. had fun at bathhouse
June 23rd
Dallas, TX area - stayed in Garland and saw a rodeo one night. Great video to share. Saw JFK Museum/Memorial. Terrific. Better understanding of his legacy. Texas, in general, is just a bunch of sky. nifty.
June 25th
Carlsbad, NM - saw bats at cavern. Cavern tours not as strenuous or hard as they advertize.
June 26th
Roswell, NM - paused there before we almost died in thunderstorm. Not full of alien stuff as hoped.
Albuquerque, NM - went on longest tramway in world, I think. Great view
June 27th
Sedona, AZ - known for red rocks. Red, they were. All park accesses were closed due to fire.
June 29th
Grand Canyon, AZ - take the train from Williams. 7,000 cars/day and only 1,800 parking spots. Awesome. Can't describe the massiveness nor the beauty (despite another nearby, semi-controlled fire).
Flagstaff, AZ - spent night there. didn't seem to be much but shopping near hotels.
June 30th
Barstow, CA - hot. saw the Calico Ghost Town.
July 1st
San Luis Obispo, CA - met up with Phillip, ate dinner, went bar hopping. KT's friends showed up too b/of lack of entertainment in Bay Area.
July 2nd
Paso Robles, CA - stayed with Aunt Mary and Uncle Al. went wine tasting and did 4th of July stuff.
July 5th
San Leandro, CA - surprised to find Mom home as she was supposed to be in hospital for another day or two. Unloaded my car. Went to bed early.

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
7/10/2006 07:12:00 PM
Nice trip report - short & sweet. Couldn't agree more about Niagra Falls... it's like hell with a big waterfall.
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
7/11/2006 08:19:00 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home