KT, Portsmouth NH, Boston MA
This past week, Katie has been here. She arrived on Thursday, June 1st. I took her to Portsmouth, NH. Per the almost requirement of being in New England, we got lost trying to follow our "clear" directions. When we arrived in the correct spot, we went to lunch at a yummy cafe and did a little shopping. We had some ice cream and walked around Strawberry Banke. There is a nifty picture of the bridge between NH and Maine as it lifts to allow for a tall boat to go under. Instead of an angle, the entire middle section just raised up.
Friday, we hung around town and then tried to go see a movie after dinner. In total, we crossed the border four times! We were aiming for Pelham, NH, but we could never find Chunky's. It's a movie theater that serves food and you get to sit in old car parts, like you were watching a drive-in. We somehow ended up by Luke's work and decided to give up. We then went down to Tyngsborogh, MA to the theater by the mall. We saw, eventually, X-Men 3.
Saturday, we got lost trying to find the train station in Lowell. Both Luke and I'd been there numerous times, but couldn't remember how to get there. We printed out directions and they were clearly wrong. Since we'd missed the train, we decided to just drive down to Boston. We went to the Museum of Science. We caught a Duck Tour ride and then wandered the museum. An hour after the exhibits closed, we saw a movie on one of those giant screens. It was about Greece. It could have been better. We then caught the subway and went over to Fanuiel Hall, purchased tickets for a comedy show, and then had dinner at The Purple Shamrock. A first for us all as Luke and I usually eat at the Union Street Oyster House when we're in that part of town.
Sunday, I did some packing and then we all went back down to Boston. KT wanted to see The Blue Man Group. We caught the matinee. It was OK. It repeated a lot of what I'd seen in Las Vegas a few years before. I guess that they really don't change the shows all that much for each city they're in... We then walked around the theater district and Back Bay. We had dinner at CA Pizza Kitchen. KT then wanted to see Cambridge. We drove around looking for something to do, but considering that school was out and it was a Sunday, there wasn't much activity. I drove home.
Monday Katie went to Boston to explore. Luke went to work and I drove her to the train station. Yes! Of course, we got lost! Same awful directions, but I'd studied the map before hand... It didn't help. I was doing so good! There were even signs to follow, but one was missing b/ I didn't turn somewhere. I asked for help at a gas station. We followed the lady's directions, but we ended up at the freeway exit we'd left a little while ago. I decided to depend on my vague memory and got back on the freeway to get off at a different exit. It worked! :>) So very happy. Katie was afraid to get out of the car b/ I wouldn't be able to get back to the train station when she called. Well, I proved her wrong, as she saw later that night. I spent the day packing and cleaning. Katie shopped and took pictures and saw stuff.
Today has been a day of errands. I closed out my bank acct and transfered the rest of my money to my WaMu acct in CA. We did all the laundry, dropped things off at the Salvation Army, and mailed a bunch of stuff at the post office. BTW, for future notice, there are flat rate boxes they sell. You can stuff up to 70lbs in those things and it'll be a flat rate of $8 and change. Had I only known, it might have been a little cheaper. Anyway, we'll pack my car tonight and go shopping for road munchies. We'll do something with Luke (after he gets home from work), I'm sure, as it's our last night here. Tomorrow morning, we leave for Six Flags New England (in Mass) and Luke'll go down to Boston to meet up with his sister and her family for the start of their visit.
ONWARD!
Friday, we hung around town and then tried to go see a movie after dinner. In total, we crossed the border four times! We were aiming for Pelham, NH, but we could never find Chunky's. It's a movie theater that serves food and you get to sit in old car parts, like you were watching a drive-in. We somehow ended up by Luke's work and decided to give up. We then went down to Tyngsborogh, MA to the theater by the mall. We saw, eventually, X-Men 3.
Saturday, we got lost trying to find the train station in Lowell. Both Luke and I'd been there numerous times, but couldn't remember how to get there. We printed out directions and they were clearly wrong. Since we'd missed the train, we decided to just drive down to Boston. We went to the Museum of Science. We caught a Duck Tour ride and then wandered the museum. An hour after the exhibits closed, we saw a movie on one of those giant screens. It was about Greece. It could have been better. We then caught the subway and went over to Fanuiel Hall, purchased tickets for a comedy show, and then had dinner at The Purple Shamrock. A first for us all as Luke and I usually eat at the Union Street Oyster House when we're in that part of town.
Sunday, I did some packing and then we all went back down to Boston. KT wanted to see The Blue Man Group. We caught the matinee. It was OK. It repeated a lot of what I'd seen in Las Vegas a few years before. I guess that they really don't change the shows all that much for each city they're in... We then walked around the theater district and Back Bay. We had dinner at CA Pizza Kitchen. KT then wanted to see Cambridge. We drove around looking for something to do, but considering that school was out and it was a Sunday, there wasn't much activity. I drove home.
Monday Katie went to Boston to explore. Luke went to work and I drove her to the train station. Yes! Of course, we got lost! Same awful directions, but I'd studied the map before hand... It didn't help. I was doing so good! There were even signs to follow, but one was missing b/ I didn't turn somewhere. I asked for help at a gas station. We followed the lady's directions, but we ended up at the freeway exit we'd left a little while ago. I decided to depend on my vague memory and got back on the freeway to get off at a different exit. It worked! :>) So very happy. Katie was afraid to get out of the car b/ I wouldn't be able to get back to the train station when she called. Well, I proved her wrong, as she saw later that night. I spent the day packing and cleaning. Katie shopped and took pictures and saw stuff.
Today has been a day of errands. I closed out my bank acct and transfered the rest of my money to my WaMu acct in CA. We did all the laundry, dropped things off at the Salvation Army, and mailed a bunch of stuff at the post office. BTW, for future notice, there are flat rate boxes they sell. You can stuff up to 70lbs in those things and it'll be a flat rate of $8 and change. Had I only known, it might have been a little cheaper. Anyway, we'll pack my car tonight and go shopping for road munchies. We'll do something with Luke (after he gets home from work), I'm sure, as it's our last night here. Tomorrow morning, we leave for Six Flags New England (in Mass) and Luke'll go down to Boston to meet up with his sister and her family for the start of their visit.
ONWARD!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home