NH, Here I come! (again)
I leave CA in two whole days. Not even. My plane leaves OAK at noon on Tuesday! I've got the travel jitters. I may not have a lot to pack, but I do still have quite a bit of cleaning and reservations to make. Cleaning b/ it's nicer to come back to something neat and tidy. Reservations b/ it's the begining of summer and I'm not as trusting as my sister about showing up in town and being able to find a reasonably priced place to stay....
Mom had surgery on Saturday morning. I haven't been able to see her yet, but Dad says the doctors were happy with the procedure and that she's been sleeping most the day up in ICU. She's supposed to be moved back down to the surgical floor today. Instead of her knee, they operated on her foot. They amputated the right pinky toe and took out the hole and non-growing skin on that side. On the inside wound, the debried it and put the wound vaccuum on it. Her knee will be taken care of once the foot heals. I'm glad the doctors thought it all through before they took out her knee! I was afraid that she'd get her knee taken out and then be imoblized for at least 6 weeks to find out that the infection still isn't gone from the area and she can't get the knee put back inside....
In happier news, it's Jen's birthday today and Phillip's tomorrow.
Mom had surgery on Saturday morning. I haven't been able to see her yet, but Dad says the doctors were happy with the procedure and that she's been sleeping most the day up in ICU. She's supposed to be moved back down to the surgical floor today. Instead of her knee, they operated on her foot. They amputated the right pinky toe and took out the hole and non-growing skin on that side. On the inside wound, the debried it and put the wound vaccuum on it. Her knee will be taken care of once the foot heals. I'm glad the doctors thought it all through before they took out her knee! I was afraid that she'd get her knee taken out and then be imoblized for at least 6 weeks to find out that the infection still isn't gone from the area and she can't get the knee put back inside....
In happier news, it's Jen's birthday today and Phillip's tomorrow.
Happy Birthday, Jen!
Happy Birthday, Phillip!

1 Comments:
thank you, thank you...
have a great trip, amy!
By
Arrowhead, At
5/22/2006 09:34:00 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home