Working, working, working
So, I applied to 5 jobs last week! YEA! Hopefully, one will come thru. If not, I'm used to it by now....
Today, I completed my application for Office Team (a temp agency). My "interview" consisted of answering the same questions that you could find on the application or my resume. Not very hard. I compled my W2 and I9 and signed confidentiality agreements and HIPPA agreements. I tested my Word, data entry, filing, and reading comprehension (aka the HIPPA stuff). The branch I'm registered for is the Healthcare. Not sure why, but as long as they can get me a job, I'm happy. They staff administrative jobs for businesses in the health related area. I wouldn't be responsible for any patients or touch anything gross. My rep, Asia, thought that there was one more opening for an imaging position at a medical place in Berkeley that I was qualified for, but it was filled. Mixed feelings. I want a job, but the idea of imaging all day long was yucky. I did it for two-plus years when I worked for DCSS! But, the thing to keep in mind, is that it would be waaaay better than working for Gma...
At Grandma's office this past week, I continued to clean and to box stuff up. I'm in the process of taking out all the 2004 tax returns from everyone's current file. Instead of doing it as they come in, it'll now be in alpha order and just plain completed. One less thing for Margie to worry about. This coming week at Gma's office, I'll continue my project, take the 22 bags of shreded paper to the recycling now that Dan's brought back Dad's truck, and do more shreding if I'm not needed to help get out this year's letter to the clients yet.
Other stuff happening? not much. I cleaned, washed clothes and bedding (finally!!), and took stuff to the e-waste drop-off w/ the help of Phillip. It's all been dreadfully exciting and blog-worthy. Sorry to the readers! Yesterday was a fun day. I got a lot accomplished and I got to see my grandparents. I took Grandma Barbara shopping with me for some new "business world" tops to wear to work. We ate dinner at Applebee's and came home by about 1015pm. Gma wore me out!
Today, I completed my application for Office Team (a temp agency). My "interview" consisted of answering the same questions that you could find on the application or my resume. Not very hard. I compled my W2 and I9 and signed confidentiality agreements and HIPPA agreements. I tested my Word, data entry, filing, and reading comprehension (aka the HIPPA stuff). The branch I'm registered for is the Healthcare. Not sure why, but as long as they can get me a job, I'm happy. They staff administrative jobs for businesses in the health related area. I wouldn't be responsible for any patients or touch anything gross. My rep, Asia, thought that there was one more opening for an imaging position at a medical place in Berkeley that I was qualified for, but it was filled. Mixed feelings. I want a job, but the idea of imaging all day long was yucky. I did it for two-plus years when I worked for DCSS! But, the thing to keep in mind, is that it would be waaaay better than working for Gma...
At Grandma's office this past week, I continued to clean and to box stuff up. I'm in the process of taking out all the 2004 tax returns from everyone's current file. Instead of doing it as they come in, it'll now be in alpha order and just plain completed. One less thing for Margie to worry about. This coming week at Gma's office, I'll continue my project, take the 22 bags of shreded paper to the recycling now that Dan's brought back Dad's truck, and do more shreding if I'm not needed to help get out this year's letter to the clients yet.
Other stuff happening? not much. I cleaned, washed clothes and bedding (finally!!), and took stuff to the e-waste drop-off w/ the help of Phillip. It's all been dreadfully exciting and blog-worthy. Sorry to the readers! Yesterday was a fun day. I got a lot accomplished and I got to see my grandparents. I took Grandma Barbara shopping with me for some new "business world" tops to wear to work. We ate dinner at Applebee's and came home by about 1015pm. Gma wore me out!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home