Merry Christmas
Hope everyone has had a great Christmas. Mine went OK. Instead of having a ton of different parties like we've done for years, Dad and I decided to combine everything to just one event: Christmas Eve.
We started w/ my immediate family early that day. We opened presents and played w/ the girls. Then, around 1pm, the rest of my family (both the Maloons and Otts) arrived. People snacked and visited as Dad and I finnished dinner and Grandma Barbara made her infamous tortellini. We ate waaay more than our stomachs liked, cleaned the kitchen, opened presents, and ate lots of pie. After everyone left, Dad, KT, Aunt Mary, Uncle Al, and I walked the neighborhood and admired lights. We went to the area near Porter's Market and Bank of the West and then walked down to the area off Lewelling Blvd. A lot of people didn't have their lights on. We guessed they weren't home. The people that did, didn't have as much up as they had in years past. I guess it gets old and tiring year after year. I know I don't want to decorate the yard w/ a ton of lights anymore. Lazy, that's me.... OK. Not all the time. I've tried to upload pictures twice and it ain't workin'! Sorry, guys. No family to be seen here.
On Christmas, it was a mellow affair. We ate breakfast w/ Mary and Al before they drove home. Dad made some Spanish omlets and bacon. All very tastey. Phillip then came over to exchange presents. As a lot of people know, he gave me some nice earrings that have received a lot of compliments. (My gift to him wasn't nearly as flashy!) That afternoon, Dad, KT, and I went to see The Good Shephard. We all liked it, but agree that the movie was a slow-starter. That night, I spent quite a few hours at the Toste household. Plans to kareoke w/ Jen and Dayni were dashed after many hours of watching the fire. Some of us enjoyed homemade soup and others partook in the roasting of marshmellows, but all of us enjoyed Fred's Christmas present: a fire bowl; something very similar to one of those outdoor fireplaces.
Well, that is the summary of the last couple of days. Didn't do much else besides clean the house and prep food and cook food. That, and spent a lot of time with almost all of my family...
If I don't blog before then, I hope that everyone has a safe, fun, happy, and successful new year.
Welcome 2007.
We started w/ my immediate family early that day. We opened presents and played w/ the girls. Then, around 1pm, the rest of my family (both the Maloons and Otts) arrived. People snacked and visited as Dad and I finnished dinner and Grandma Barbara made her infamous tortellini. We ate waaay more than our stomachs liked, cleaned the kitchen, opened presents, and ate lots of pie. After everyone left, Dad, KT, Aunt Mary, Uncle Al, and I walked the neighborhood and admired lights. We went to the area near Porter's Market and Bank of the West and then walked down to the area off Lewelling Blvd. A lot of people didn't have their lights on. We guessed they weren't home. The people that did, didn't have as much up as they had in years past. I guess it gets old and tiring year after year. I know I don't want to decorate the yard w/ a ton of lights anymore. Lazy, that's me.... OK. Not all the time. I've tried to upload pictures twice and it ain't workin'! Sorry, guys. No family to be seen here.
On Christmas, it was a mellow affair. We ate breakfast w/ Mary and Al before they drove home. Dad made some Spanish omlets and bacon. All very tastey. Phillip then came over to exchange presents. As a lot of people know, he gave me some nice earrings that have received a lot of compliments. (My gift to him wasn't nearly as flashy!) That afternoon, Dad, KT, and I went to see The Good Shephard. We all liked it, but agree that the movie was a slow-starter. That night, I spent quite a few hours at the Toste household. Plans to kareoke w/ Jen and Dayni were dashed after many hours of watching the fire. Some of us enjoyed homemade soup and others partook in the roasting of marshmellows, but all of us enjoyed Fred's Christmas present: a fire bowl; something very similar to one of those outdoor fireplaces.
Well, that is the summary of the last couple of days. Didn't do much else besides clean the house and prep food and cook food. That, and spent a lot of time with almost all of my family...
If I don't blog before then, I hope that everyone has a safe, fun, happy, and successful new year.
Welcome 2007.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home