Life in the Golden State

Monday, November 06, 2006

Remember to Vote!

Nothing much to report in the World of Amy. As I look back upon my week, nothing much jumps out as being super fun and exciting to share. In fact, I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. Grandma Barbara's mother passed on Thursday night. Appearently, she fell and broke her hip, had partial hip replacement, and then never recovered. I'm pretty sure she was 101. Had I known she was in the hospital, I would have gone to see her, but.... The viewing is today from 5-8pm and then the funeral is tomorrow at noon. I've chosen to just attend the funeral. I think that KT is cutting class and going with me.

Yesterday was a family affair. We were supposed to go see The King and I at the San Jose American Musical Theater with Papa and Grandma. Well, b/of the events that unfolded, they were unable to use the tickets we got them for Papa's birthday. Instead, my uncle from San Jose came and KT's "twin", Jen, was able to come at the last minute as well. We ended up w/ only one extra ticket (b/ Mom's in semi-quarantine, again). Not bad, huh? It was a good show. Grandma would have enjoyed it - esp since she was looking forward to the lead woman who played Anna. Afterwards, we had dinner at Original Joe's and I have enough leftovers for another two meals! They serve a lot of food there....

As for things to look forward to this week: 1) get to vote tomorrow, 2) no class on Friday morning b/of Veteran's Day - and I won't go hurt myself again this week, and 3) Carolyn's birthday gathering on Saturday.... Which reminds me:

Happy Birthday to the November babies!
Debbie - 3rd
Carolyn - 8th
Jennell - 18th
Lisa - 28th

I'm not sure if all of you read this, but, hope your birthdays are entertaining. And, does that look close to your birthstone color? I tried.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home