So, do I update w/ the new version of Blogger? They claim that everything will transfer smoothly and that then I'll have all these cool new features I won't use....
On Friday, the 17th, Katie and I took Anna to the Dixie Chicks concert in Oakland. Great show. Lots of fun. Made some new friends who shared their binoculars.
On Saturday, the 18th, Katie, Dad, and I took Kieran and Faolan to the Lawrence Hall of Science for the Grossology exhibit. Over Kieran's head, but she had fun playing in the big nose that sneezed and the slide that was a replica of how food travels from your mouth to the intestines. Faolan learned some stuff and diagnosed sick cows in the nanotechnology section.
Wednesday, the 22nd, I used a gift card for a pedicure. I went to San Mateo for a chance to get away for a few hours. It was really nice that the girl doing my feet was English-speaking. No pointing and hoping that I would be understood. I liked the day spa I went to. I'd go back. After my treatment, I had shiny, soft feet. I then ran more errands before arriving late to work.
Thursday, the 23rd, was Turkey Day. Lots of work to be had. Fortunately, a lot of it was done the night before. Dad cleaned the downstairs and I preped the food by pre-cutting veggies, making the appitizers, and baking a pecan pie. I'm proud of the pie. It turned out great. Lots of rave reviews. Also got lots of compliments on the food. My "experimental" stuffing was done w/ the encouragement of Dad's OK to break from tradition and to do something a little different, and it was a success. Even Mom liked it. Was in bed a little after 9pm.
Friday, the 24th, Katie and I were one of the crazy people up early to go shopping. Had to scrape ice off the car and my hands kinda stuck to the scraper b/of lack of gloves on. As I told KT, the automatic car starter only works wonders when you leave the heat and defrost on the night before. We got KT her half-priced down comforter and I managed to find a dress for Phillip's work Christmas party. We then had lunch w/ Grandma and Papa after KT browsed their garage for usable/needed furniture that belonged to Grandma Linda. Later that evening, I met Claire, Perry, and Carolyn in the city for the tree lighting at Union Square. After a 1/2 hr of garbled music, they lighted the tree. It was bright. We ate dinner in North Beach and went to our various homes. Long, fun day.
Today was a recovery day. Feeling very tired. Went to lunch w/ Phillip and then managed to do a load of laundry. It's been a full day, again. :>)
On Friday, the 17th, Katie and I took Anna to the Dixie Chicks concert in Oakland. Great show. Lots of fun. Made some new friends who shared their binoculars.
On Saturday, the 18th, Katie, Dad, and I took Kieran and Faolan to the Lawrence Hall of Science for the Grossology exhibit. Over Kieran's head, but she had fun playing in the big nose that sneezed and the slide that was a replica of how food travels from your mouth to the intestines. Faolan learned some stuff and diagnosed sick cows in the nanotechnology section.
Wednesday, the 22nd, I used a gift card for a pedicure. I went to San Mateo for a chance to get away for a few hours. It was really nice that the girl doing my feet was English-speaking. No pointing and hoping that I would be understood. I liked the day spa I went to. I'd go back. After my treatment, I had shiny, soft feet. I then ran more errands before arriving late to work.
Thursday, the 23rd, was Turkey Day. Lots of work to be had. Fortunately, a lot of it was done the night before. Dad cleaned the downstairs and I preped the food by pre-cutting veggies, making the appitizers, and baking a pecan pie. I'm proud of the pie. It turned out great. Lots of rave reviews. Also got lots of compliments on the food. My "experimental" stuffing was done w/ the encouragement of Dad's OK to break from tradition and to do something a little different, and it was a success. Even Mom liked it. Was in bed a little after 9pm.
Friday, the 24th, Katie and I were one of the crazy people up early to go shopping. Had to scrape ice off the car and my hands kinda stuck to the scraper b/of lack of gloves on. As I told KT, the automatic car starter only works wonders when you leave the heat and defrost on the night before. We got KT her half-priced down comforter and I managed to find a dress for Phillip's work Christmas party. We then had lunch w/ Grandma and Papa after KT browsed their garage for usable/needed furniture that belonged to Grandma Linda. Later that evening, I met Claire, Perry, and Carolyn in the city for the tree lighting at Union Square. After a 1/2 hr of garbled music, they lighted the tree. It was bright. We ate dinner in North Beach and went to our various homes. Long, fun day.
Today was a recovery day. Feeling very tired. Went to lunch w/ Phillip and then managed to do a load of laundry. It's been a full day, again. :>)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home