Life in the Golden State

Friday, February 23, 2007

1st Faux Pas of Lent

Because of a "brain fart", I'm suffering.

Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. I didn't go to church for my ashes, but I remembered the day and even discussed with Margie some ideas of this year's sacrifice.

Today, is the first Friday of Lent. Traditionally, as a good Catholic, I'm not supposed to eat meat. Well, in my family, that was only considered to be just red meat as my mom is allergic to fish... I had ran up to The Greenhouse to go to Longs (to pick up a prescription for Mom) and to get lunch. I wanted to go to Kasper's, but I remembered that it was Lent. No meat. So, I head over to Jack in the Box in search of a chicken sandwich (do they have any fish there??). Somewhere in those few precious seconds, I'd forgotten about the whole meat thing. Not wanting one of their not-too-great salads, I order a big cheeseburger w/ no catsup or mustard. After taking my first bites, I realized my mistake. "Oh, well, the damage is done", I thought, and continued on eating my wonderfully cheesy burger.

Now, I'm paying the price. I have a topsy-turvy stomach from all the grease I shouldn't have been eating.... While I'm not overly religious, I can't help but feel, for lack of a better word, punished.

I promise, no meat next Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home