Life in the Golden State

Monday, February 05, 2007

No Hard Feelings

So, I finally (AGAIN!) get my money from Honda. My repairs were done last May. My repairs were covered on my warrenty/contract. Begining in Sept, I called and asked to be reimbursed. I gotta "no problem". It's February, people! I had this all settled a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't received any money. I should be getting a check from the warrenty people and one from Peter's Honda of Nashua for the difference the warrenty doesn't cover (otherwise known as MSRP vs. Retail Price). Well, my checks are officially in the mail. My service manager friend assures me that they're coming. My check from him/Nashua is sitting in the outgoing mailbox as we speak. On Friday, I was told the warrenty check was going to be sent by a 2-day FedEx. We'll see.

Office Team is in the past. I won't be working for them. I'll spare you those long, drawn-out details, but it comes down to a mutual understanding. My references, aka employment verifications, aren't good enough. They want Maggie to talk on her "off time" and not as a representative of the county so she doesn't get into trouble. I don't think so. They have to accept the family business stuff, the Target employment verification, or a "personal" reference, and none are good enough, so IT'S OVER.

I'm being pressured, heavily, AGAIN, to work at Grandma's office. I don't want to. I will not work inside the office. They're on their own. I will go, maybe, a couple more days than Saturday to shred out back. I'm working on '00, I believe, but there are still '99s in the boxes. I have to get to 2001. That'll be my personal goal. That'll be my way to help out. It has to be done before the business gets sold or Grandma retires anyway....

So, stuff that's not about work???

This weekend went pretty well. On Friday, Dayni surprised me w/ some brownies... from scratch! The baking queen has returned. :>) They were good. We spent some time talking and looking at my high school year book. I was surprised she admired every page. Most people don't if they didn't attend your school. As it turns out, she knows 30 people from Arroyo! This includes one of the teachers I'd never had or hear of or remember. Not bad. She wondered if I'd know as many from SL High. I dunno. We'd have to get out someone's yearbook one day.

I went to work early on Saturday so that I could cover the office b/ Margie was going to be late. I spent the rest of the day out back. That night ended up differently than I had planned, but it was a good change. I had dinner w/ Claire and Phillip and then we all went to The Englander to meet up w/ Hernani for some beer (or in my case, hard apple cider - yum!). Afterwards, we were yelled at in the parking lot by the waitress for not paying our full tab. We DID. Had she ever come back to check on us, we'd have told her that the tab was wrong and she'd overcharged us by two beers. grrr. The rest of the night was spent hanging out w/ Claire. We just talked and talked and talked and talked. We were up soooo freakin' late!

Sunday, I did nothing. I got a little more than 4hrs of sleep. I watched the Monk marathon on USA for the majority of the day. I've seen random episodes, but this was a chance to truly fall in love with the show (as most marathons allow you to do). It is a funny show. I'll have to figure out when it is on normally and catch some new episodes... Oh, and occasionally, I'd switch to the Super Bowl channel to see part of a game, a commercial, and the lackluster performance by Prince. Congrats to all the Colts fans out there on your win!


And, one more thing before I leave you:
I don't know the last time it was that I ate Fritos, but they are damn tastey. The salty goodness. The greasy aftertaste in your mouth. The slightly raw tastebuds that now feel grainy... Junk food is good!

4 Comments:

  • We have a guy at the office who is obsessed with Fritos. I don't think I've had them in years.

    By Blogger Chappy & Bailey, At 2/05/2007 05:12:00 PM  

  • Glad you got your money back. Them Office Team people is bitches. Take themselves waaaaaaaay too seriously for being a temp agency. SRLSLY WTF?????? I'm spamming your blog, hHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

    Why is the UPS guy married? Fucker.

    Fritos de Mojitos. Panchitos.

    I'm surprised I actually drank a beer. Or an ale. Or whatever it was.

    Totally spamming your blog.

    OMG, DO NOT give in to the family business. The mafia is never good for anyone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2/05/2007 07:13:00 PM  

  • I don't wanna cave to the mafia, but I just might. Feeling very weak against the pressure... Oh, and the UPS guy is only married b/ you think he's cute. He'd be single if he was ugly or gay.

    By Blogger amy, At 2/06/2007 11:03:00 AM  

  • dude, david has been on a fritos kick as well. maybe something addictive in that stuff? i dunno. i'm a crappy friend: happy belated birthday!

    By Blogger shirley, At 2/14/2007 05:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home