Reference Issues
Three things over the last few days:
1. Having serious, serious reference issues. The new wave of problems include more non-workers for the company, vacation time, and just plain frustration. I've been booted from the project at Alta Bates b/of my references (or lack thereof as Office Team sees it). I needed to be cleared to officially work today b/ the Alta Bates guy wanted a confirmed employee list by 5pm. Once they receive one more reference from a non-family member who was a supervisor, I'm in. They'll start to place me in other temp jobs.
2. I've managed to send out three applications tonight. All are for HR Assistant jobs. Tomorrow is a career fair in downtown Oakland. I shall attend w/ ooodles of resumes in hand. Hopefully, there will be something there that I qualify for... wish me luck!
3. As for Gma's office, the letters were finally mailed out on Friday night. A special "shout-out" goes to Phillip for helping us (me, Margie, and Ricky, our envelope sealer) with the project. It was soooo very much appreciated by all. Even though he was able to leave work early, I wasn't b/of a scheduling change earlier in the day. He was kind enough to help us fold and post (and to figure out the copier as Margie and I were having great issues w/ paper size, printing, and jamming of the paper). Afterwards was a yummy and filling dinner at Chili's. I've never had their signature dish, aka: the baby-back ribs, before. They were... yummy, for lack of a better word.
:>)
Thank you, again, Phillip!
1. Having serious, serious reference issues. The new wave of problems include more non-workers for the company, vacation time, and just plain frustration. I've been booted from the project at Alta Bates b/of my references (or lack thereof as Office Team sees it). I needed to be cleared to officially work today b/ the Alta Bates guy wanted a confirmed employee list by 5pm. Once they receive one more reference from a non-family member who was a supervisor, I'm in. They'll start to place me in other temp jobs.
2. I've managed to send out three applications tonight. All are for HR Assistant jobs. Tomorrow is a career fair in downtown Oakland. I shall attend w/ ooodles of resumes in hand. Hopefully, there will be something there that I qualify for... wish me luck!
3. As for Gma's office, the letters were finally mailed out on Friday night. A special "shout-out" goes to Phillip for helping us (me, Margie, and Ricky, our envelope sealer) with the project. It was soooo very much appreciated by all. Even though he was able to leave work early, I wasn't b/of a scheduling change earlier in the day. He was kind enough to help us fold and post (and to figure out the copier as Margie and I were having great issues w/ paper size, printing, and jamming of the paper). Afterwards was a yummy and filling dinner at Chili's. I've never had their signature dish, aka: the baby-back ribs, before. They were... yummy, for lack of a better word.
:>)
Thank you, again, Phillip!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home