Last Week, Pismo Beach, and The Grammys
Last week, I went to work at Gma's twice, almost completed a job application that I have to get into the mail tomorrow when the post office opens, and I got to see the much anticipated return of "Lost". At 9pm was a really good recap show, starting w/ the plane crash. At 10pm, everyone was treated to an action-packed episode w/ some background information on a newer character. I was left w/ one question: How long is Jack gonna be stuck on "alcatraz"? I also re-enrolled at Chabot so I may take a few classes to advance my employable status and boost my resume. Much to my distain, I paid an outstanding balance on my account. The last time I attended a class there, it was 2004. I paid my fees on-time, but little did I know that they had increased RETROACTIVELY! It was only $16, but it made me mad.... c'mon! retroactive fees???
This past weekend, I went down to Pismo Beach with Phillip. It was a fun and quiet weekend. Our hotel room had a beautiful view of the ocean, and since we were on the ground floor, we were able to walk out our back door to the edge of the cliff. From there, you could see the pier and a good amount of people trying to enjoy the beach... I say "trying" b/ it rained the whole time down there; just as much as it rained up here. Sunday morning, though, we woke up to a purty blue sky and lots and lots of sunshine. While the outdoor activities were limited, we did eat well. There was the awesome New England-style clam chowder at Splash Cafe which was thick and "almost cheesy" (to quote Phillip). The chowder is famous along the central coast and is sold frozen from either the restaurant or Costco for you to take home. Other memorable meals were at The Madonna Inn and F. McLintock's. Both movies we saw this weekend are ones I'd recommend: the Borat movie, and Stranger Than Fiction. The Borat movie does take a certain amount of appreciation for the different, the dark, or the un-P.C. kind of comedy... so, I liked it. The other movie was good and my only complaint was the drawn-out ending. :>) "Little did he know, he was about to die". :>)
Last night, I caught some of the Grammy Awards. I wasn't too trilled w/ the much-hyped, reunited Police. I didn't really like what they did to "Roxanne". It sounded odd, not artsy or new. The Dixie Chicks won quite a few awards. YEA to them! This is America (or should I say Amurrica like W) and you are allowed to voice your opinion. It may have been done on foreign soil, but how many other celebrities haven't done the same??? So, I was happy for them and their awards, though, not too fond of the "ha-ha". That was just bad taste, not all that funny or cute, and better left for Nelson on The Simpsons. I didn't see the rest of the awards show as I had to make my last road trip for the day, and that was to home. I am now done w/ all the driving until next weekend.
This past weekend, I went down to Pismo Beach with Phillip. It was a fun and quiet weekend. Our hotel room had a beautiful view of the ocean, and since we were on the ground floor, we were able to walk out our back door to the edge of the cliff. From there, you could see the pier and a good amount of people trying to enjoy the beach... I say "trying" b/ it rained the whole time down there; just as much as it rained up here. Sunday morning, though, we woke up to a purty blue sky and lots and lots of sunshine. While the outdoor activities were limited, we did eat well. There was the awesome New England-style clam chowder at Splash Cafe which was thick and "almost cheesy" (to quote Phillip). The chowder is famous along the central coast and is sold frozen from either the restaurant or Costco for you to take home. Other memorable meals were at The Madonna Inn and F. McLintock's. Both movies we saw this weekend are ones I'd recommend: the Borat movie, and Stranger Than Fiction. The Borat movie does take a certain amount of appreciation for the different, the dark, or the un-P.C. kind of comedy... so, I liked it. The other movie was good and my only complaint was the drawn-out ending. :>) "Little did he know, he was about to die". :>)
Last night, I caught some of the Grammy Awards. I wasn't too trilled w/ the much-hyped, reunited Police. I didn't really like what they did to "Roxanne". It sounded odd, not artsy or new. The Dixie Chicks won quite a few awards. YEA to them! This is America (or should I say Amurrica like W) and you are allowed to voice your opinion. It may have been done on foreign soil, but how many other celebrities haven't done the same??? So, I was happy for them and their awards, though, not too fond of the "ha-ha". That was just bad taste, not all that funny or cute, and better left for Nelson on The Simpsons. I didn't see the rest of the awards show as I had to make my last road trip for the day, and that was to home. I am now done w/ all the driving until next weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home