Las Vegas, Baby!
I don't know why that title came to me. I think I watched an episode of Friends recently where they were going to London for one of Ross' weddings. Joey rings in my ear.... "London, baby!"
So, Las Vegas was a quick, fun trip. I went with Phillip to help celebrate Rouja's birthday. Her birthday is actually, today, the 13th, so.... Happy Birthday, Rouja!
We left town on Friday night. I was happy to finally be on the plane. I was busy all morning and then there was the question as to if we'd even make our flight due to other people's schedules, BART schedules, BART delays, check-in waits, and, lastly, security issues as Phillip and Fred both got "pulled over". I admit, I was a cause (ahem, most certainly not THE CAUSE) as to why Phillip was selected because, appearently, all pills and other toiletries need to be ziplocked in a plastic baggie and not loose in the backpack. And, you're no longer allowed to take water with you. Open or not, security takes away all beverages! punks! They make you purchase over-priced ones after you see them. We made it to our plane just as it was starting to board. The ride was as quick as a roadtrip to Disneyland with a 5 yr old. When we got there, we checked in, and hung out, and had an extremely late dinner.
Saturday, we had the buffet at the Mirage. Pretty good, esp when you start your day off with a little champagne. :>) We gambled, napped, and saw what the "big" hub-hub about the dolphins, and had the dinner buffet at Treasure Island (or "TI" as it's called now). DO NOT go to this buffet! I mean it. To describe: yucky, flavorless food. How can you mess up a cupcake? The only thing I liked was the Thanksgiving-like station. THe turkey and gravy was yummy; the mashed sweet potatoes were good. We went to THe Wynn that night to see Spamalot. Great show. We laughed the whole time. It closely followed Monty Python's Holy Grail for the first few scenes, and then it took off to a different place. Definitely Vegas-ized it. If I talked to Cyanide more, I'd have gotten him a can of Spam for his collection, but I don't, and I can't remember seeing the fun stuff up anywhere in his new classroom. Instead, I bought Phillip and I some huge-ass plastic grails that need to be used at some point...
Sunday was a short day in Vegas as we had a 1:20pm flight to catch. We got breakfast and then gambled a little bit more (those damn Wheel of Fortune machines are addictive!). The airport didn't offer too much in the way of entertainment, but we got through security with no problems. The flight home was squished and Phillip almost managed to finish his Soduko book. He's on problem 99/100. After we BARTed home, Mrs. Toste took us out to dinner at El Torrito at the marina. We all enjoyed our food, and the margaritas made us all relaxed. In fact, I was feeling a tad tipsy after just one! It must have been a combo of how much I don't drink anymore and the drink having a tad extra tequila to make up for bringing us the wrong flavor. After my nap at the Toste residence, Phillip drove me home and I, basically headed to bed. It was a good trip.
So, Las Vegas was a quick, fun trip. I went with Phillip to help celebrate Rouja's birthday. Her birthday is actually, today, the 13th, so.... Happy Birthday, Rouja!
We left town on Friday night. I was happy to finally be on the plane. I was busy all morning and then there was the question as to if we'd even make our flight due to other people's schedules, BART schedules, BART delays, check-in waits, and, lastly, security issues as Phillip and Fred both got "pulled over". I admit, I was a cause (ahem, most certainly not THE CAUSE) as to why Phillip was selected because, appearently, all pills and other toiletries need to be ziplocked in a plastic baggie and not loose in the backpack. And, you're no longer allowed to take water with you. Open or not, security takes away all beverages! punks! They make you purchase over-priced ones after you see them. We made it to our plane just as it was starting to board. The ride was as quick as a roadtrip to Disneyland with a 5 yr old. When we got there, we checked in, and hung out, and had an extremely late dinner.
Saturday, we had the buffet at the Mirage. Pretty good, esp when you start your day off with a little champagne. :>) We gambled, napped, and saw what the "big" hub-hub about the dolphins, and had the dinner buffet at Treasure Island (or "TI" as it's called now). DO NOT go to this buffet! I mean it. To describe: yucky, flavorless food. How can you mess up a cupcake? The only thing I liked was the Thanksgiving-like station. THe turkey and gravy was yummy; the mashed sweet potatoes were good. We went to THe Wynn that night to see Spamalot. Great show. We laughed the whole time. It closely followed Monty Python's Holy Grail for the first few scenes, and then it took off to a different place. Definitely Vegas-ized it. If I talked to Cyanide more, I'd have gotten him a can of Spam for his collection, but I don't, and I can't remember seeing the fun stuff up anywhere in his new classroom. Instead, I bought Phillip and I some huge-ass plastic grails that need to be used at some point...
Sunday was a short day in Vegas as we had a 1:20pm flight to catch. We got breakfast and then gambled a little bit more (those damn Wheel of Fortune machines are addictive!). The airport didn't offer too much in the way of entertainment, but we got through security with no problems. The flight home was squished and Phillip almost managed to finish his Soduko book. He's on problem 99/100. After we BARTed home, Mrs. Toste took us out to dinner at El Torrito at the marina. We all enjoyed our food, and the margaritas made us all relaxed. In fact, I was feeling a tad tipsy after just one! It must have been a combo of how much I don't drink anymore and the drink having a tad extra tequila to make up for bringing us the wrong flavor. After my nap at the Toste residence, Phillip drove me home and I, basically headed to bed. It was a good trip.

1 Comments:
If you're looking for a good restaurant next time, try Batista's Hole In The Wall. It's on Flamingo and the mafia used to hang out there.
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
8/15/2007 08:28:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home