Life in the Golden State

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Good-bye Accounting

I took my final yesterday for the accounting course, and I did pretty good!! I got a 96%! Imagine that? With half of the final being strictyly T/F and the other half just on the last two chapters (b/ we didn't get an exam on those two), I was nervous. I guess it helps that I had over two hours to complete it and it was "open book". Anyways, this particular torture is over. *sigh* :>)

This past weekend I was super busy. I had planned to go see Megan at The Boardwalk for the free concert series, but plans were changed at the last minute. I ended up driving down to Monterey so that she could attend a work event. We toured a bio-diesel fuel plant in Gonzales, CA. For those of you who don't know, it's a little ways south of Salinas. Our "tour" was different than I expected as we walked into a warehouse, looked at a huge-ass holding tanks, and strained to listen to the leader over the sounds of the machinery that couldn't be turned off as they had a deadline to meet the next day. Some things I learned: 1) biodiesel is so non-toxic that it can dissolve in water and have no negative side effects on anything, 2) biodiesel is less acidic than table salt, 3) the best bio-diesel is made from algae, 4) the process of purifying the oil has to do with separation where the bad stuff floats on top and you skim it off and take it elsewhere.

After the tour, me, Megan, and Hillary headed back to Monterey for dinner at Crown & Anchor. It's a favorite pub of theirs. I had a gigantic, yummy burger w/ steak fries and a beer (heffinwisen??). Not bad as beers go. I especially liked the extra lemon to squeeze into it, and I liked it so much that I drank more than half!! There was also a similar, special summer beer that I liked as well. It kinda had a blueberry aftertaste. Yes, that was blueberry!

After C&A, we headed over to Indian Summer. It's a restaurant during the day and the favorite outdoor bar at night. I didn't drink any more as I was driving home soon, but appearently, the beer to have here was called something like Blue Himalayen and it comes in a huge bottle. This place is also great for smoking the huka (since I didn't even look at the list of types, I don't know how to spell that!). The asthma did OK in this place, surprisingly. I only had the occasional coughing fit, and that was usually caused by a certain smell of the table next to us. I think it had a higher dose of tobacco and less additives... I left town super late and drove to KT's apt to spend the night.

The next day, I tried to study and then found the day gone. That night I went to dinner with Carolyn, Jen, and Phillip to Cardinals. I had a fairly good gyro and that bread was definitely homemade! Afterwards, we met up with Mylinh and her friends and family to go bowling. It was cosmic-style, so I made sure to wear a stripped shirt. It kinda glowed under the black lights, but the white lights of the lockerroom behind us didn't help much. We all bowled fairly well and the night didn't last as late as Friday's.

Sunday, I drove back home to study some more, do the homework, and to take my last quiz before hte final. It was a mellow day.

As for the rest of this week, I'll be at Katie's, apt-watching while she's on the East Coast. I intend to relax and vege-out. On the list of things to do: movies, pleasure reading, shopping for a pair of jeans, and just whatever catches my fancy....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home