Next Trick: Walk on Water
So, good news for today... I GOTTA JOB!
Thru Ajilon Office (staffing firm), I'll be working for Adesta (security company). I just had an interview with my soon-to-be supervisor, Lisa, and all ooops-es for showing up for my interview 10 min early while the girl I will be replacing was still there, was forgotten. We hit if off nicely and I feel that the company will be a good fit based on what I've been told thus far. They moved into a new office on Teagarden two days ago, so my commute across San Leandro will be cut in half.
Kristen, my recruiter w/ Ajilon, says that Lisa loved me and that, as I type, my passkey is being ordered (as is my computer from the main office in Omaha, NE). Wow. I told Kristen that the interview went so well that we really didn't talk too much about my skills and qualifications. I said that it felt like the interview was a formality to some degree because she talked me up so well. She says that she didn't do a total push for me as my next trick up my sleeve will be to walk on water.
I know that part of my immediate "hire" is the fact that the current person can't seem to get to work on time. She's always 15-20min late of the required 8am start-time, thus, a head honcho of the org has to come in two hours early to cover the phones, taking calls from the head office. Bad receptionist. Another factor is that the current girl is there as an accounting person and all the accounts have been moved to NE due to all the recent transitions. What they need right now is an administrative person. That be me. Lisa looked at my resume and said that I'd have no problem with doing the job they had. :>)
So, it's temp-perm, full-time, 8-5pm, 1hr lunch, paid by Ajilon at 50 cents less than Grandma pays me, and 5 min have been shaved off my commute. Not bad. Hopefully this job will stick for a while.
oh, and wanna know something a tad creepy/reassuring?
After my interview, I came home and turned on the computer. I get online to check out my banking situation and the mouse has traveled on it's own over to the horoscopes. The category was left on Capricorn (mine) and it read:
"You'll get some clear signs today that your plans are working -- and working well!"
Indeed they are. Today they most certainly are. I really hope this all works out!!!
Thru Ajilon Office (staffing firm), I'll be working for Adesta (security company). I just had an interview with my soon-to-be supervisor, Lisa, and all ooops-es for showing up for my interview 10 min early while the girl I will be replacing was still there, was forgotten. We hit if off nicely and I feel that the company will be a good fit based on what I've been told thus far. They moved into a new office on Teagarden two days ago, so my commute across San Leandro will be cut in half.
Kristen, my recruiter w/ Ajilon, says that Lisa loved me and that, as I type, my passkey is being ordered (as is my computer from the main office in Omaha, NE). Wow. I told Kristen that the interview went so well that we really didn't talk too much about my skills and qualifications. I said that it felt like the interview was a formality to some degree because she talked me up so well. She says that she didn't do a total push for me as my next trick up my sleeve will be to walk on water.
I know that part of my immediate "hire" is the fact that the current person can't seem to get to work on time. She's always 15-20min late of the required 8am start-time, thus, a head honcho of the org has to come in two hours early to cover the phones, taking calls from the head office. Bad receptionist. Another factor is that the current girl is there as an accounting person and all the accounts have been moved to NE due to all the recent transitions. What they need right now is an administrative person. That be me. Lisa looked at my resume and said that I'd have no problem with doing the job they had. :>)
So, it's temp-perm, full-time, 8-5pm, 1hr lunch, paid by Ajilon at 50 cents less than Grandma pays me, and 5 min have been shaved off my commute. Not bad. Hopefully this job will stick for a while.
oh, and wanna know something a tad creepy/reassuring?
After my interview, I came home and turned on the computer. I get online to check out my banking situation and the mouse has traveled on it's own over to the horoscopes. The category was left on Capricorn (mine) and it read:
"You'll get some clear signs today that your plans are working -- and working well!"
Indeed they are. Today they most certainly are. I really hope this all works out!!!

4 Comments:
I'm so glad to hear the great news! 'Course, I found out over brunch yesterday, but I can feel your happy vibes in the blog post, too. Hope you have a great first day :)
By
Anonymous, At
6/03/2007 09:21:00 PM
Congrats on the new job!! I added your AOL SN to my blog so you can come visit. Give me a call so we can hook up soon! Talk atcha lates!
~Jenn~
By
~*~Jenn~*~, At
6/04/2007 12:05:00 AM
Thanks! While the job is a little crazy still, I am happy to be working there. I need to get more work appropriate clothes, though. I'll go shopping for another pair of pants and a top or two after I get paid. :>)
By
amy, At
6/08/2007 10:34:00 PM
Blog update needed.
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
6/27/2007 10:52:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home