Life in the Golden State

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Office 2007

Lately, I've made a few online purchases. One of them being Office 2007 so that I may begin to do some of my homework at home... I just opened Word, and, lemme say it was an experience. Complete disorientation! Wierd tool bars, new colors and layouts, and a lot of the familiar icons are hidden. I customized my toolbar to add "open", "print preview", "page setup", and a few others. I'll play with this more soon as I find I use Word for more than just school stuff. Thank God for my boring-ass basic computer class on Tuesdays. At some point, we'll begin to learn Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access 2007 in a very basic way.....

If you are a student or a parent of a student, check out:
www.journeyed.com

For some of the programs, you've got to have proof you're a student (or a parent of one) to get the nifty discounts, and not all the programs are compatible with the work world (for example, any program Phillip might use for engineering purposes), but MS Office is "the real deal" for waaaay cheaper than out in "the real world". I got this program plus oodles of extra templets and backgrounds for all the Office programs for $99! It would sell for $500-600 right now. I'm happy with it, but I just need to learn the new stuff....

mmmmmm. off to an early dinner. 4:00PM reservations for Dad's birthday dinner. I'm appropriately hungry and looking forward to The Macaroni Grill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home