Life in the Golden State

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Super Busy!

Life has been super busy. Between work and school and more work; chores and homework.... How did I plan my life to be so hectic??? It's tiring and I feel bad that I don't get to talk or see people very often, and when I do, it's rushed.

The weekend of October 12th was a tough one for me. Mom became seriously ill. On Thursday night, she was in bed early and we (Dad and I) were thinking she had the flu. By that Friday, that was clearly not the problem. We took her to the ER. I think the biggest impact on her, mentally, was the 103 degree temp. That was really scary to watch on top of all her other physical problems. She was finally starting to come "out of it" on Sunday evening. She stayed in the hospital til Tuesday and left with non-complete blood tests. Sometime last week, the final results were in: salmonella poisoning. Watch out for that undercooked chicken product!!

I did not get the Clerk-Recorder 1 position with Alameda County. I felt like I did really well on my second interview, but I think that being ranked at #5 is what killed me. I didn't start up high enough on the list... I went to my first interview for a Payroll Records Clerk with Alameda County last Friday. I had to fill out a Criminal History Form and mail it back, so I know that I at least passed the first interview round. I'm waiting to hear the official results soon.

MS Word 2003 class is officially over. I took my final on Monday and the professor posted the grade scale yesterday. I ended up with an "A" in the class! I never really thought the class was hard, just demanding b/of hte time crunch. This week, the MS Excel 2003 class started. I have the same professor "teaching" this class. I expect the Excel class to be more difficult for me as I actually will have to be learning things and I have such limited time to study and complete the assignments. Oh well. No worries, though. It's just another 8 weeks.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. A group of us are going down to Hollister with Phillip to have some harvest fun at a corn maze with "The Tias". The place has a huge set up with other things to do such as other mazes, cannons, and slingshots. If I didn't mention it before, we stopped by there after the Faire a few weekends ago.....

What else is goin' on? Ummm. Luke has left CA. He has a 1 bedroom condo in Las Vegas and should be in NH visiting family and getting his stuff to officially move to NV. Carolyn freed her mice hostages (OK, guests) that she rescued from the beach. They were fairly healthy and are roaming in Golden Gate Park... As far as I know, Andrea should be almost a Caseworker 1 by now. Congratulations to everyone on their personal accomplishments!

Krishneel is in New York City. He should be home soon, but is finding it hard to leave. I get that, and I think many people have felt that way. Kate felt the same way about that city this sumer, and Megan is feeling the same way about Hawaii. Please travel home safely guys!

Birthdays I've neglected to metion these last few weeks: Sara, Dad, and Papa (who turned, ahem, 19! this year). I know that they all turned out well (though Sara didn't provide many details on the blog) and I'm glad that I was around for most of them. :>)

4 Comments:

  • hey-
    sorry about the lack of b-day details on the blog. i totally spaced. we had a nice day. mom and dad were here. we had home-made tacos and chocolate sheets cake. yummy. some friends came for dinner. it was very nice. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11/02/2007 09:49:00 AM  

  • Awesome. Quiet birthdays are sometimes the best ones.

    By Blogger amy, At 11/12/2007 10:22:00 PM  

  • not that you should publish this but it's time for another blog entry!

    i think phillip is rubbing off on you.

    no more!
    blog sometin'!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12/01/2007 06:40:00 PM  

  • Wish granted my number one fan! I think that great minds think alike. I published, and then I saw your comment from yesterday. Very cool.

    By Blogger amy, At 12/03/2007 11:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home