Time to Catch Up
Wow! It's been over a month. I've thought of you, my loyal readers, but just didn't have the time to update the blog...
Since October 25th, a lot has happened.
First and foremost, my life is no longer super scheduled. As of the past Friday, I no longer work for Neopost. I was released due to budgetary concerns. Even though I really didn't like the tedious job, it was income and quite a shock to be let go as my agent had assured me the week before that I was staying (and that they wanted to hire me on after the first of the year)... "Awkward" is the only way to describe my last week. I was notified last Monday that I'd be leaving, and things just kept happening. Wierd computer glitches, account set ups not being right (but they were in other screens), complete computer meltdown for NeoShop, being kicked out of the dept meeting so that everyone could have a "dept meeting" without me, endless questions by other temps as to why I was leaving and if their job was secure (uh, NO! is always the answer for a temp), etc... Also, to add to all the mess, I was invited to the dept luncheon that my former supervisors will be paying for. I wasn't included in the gift exchange, but I get to have a free lunch at Claimjumpers and watch everyone else open gifts. It was odd, and now I'm free - more or less. My last day there, I interviewed for one of the positions that the company is allowed to fill. I should find out by the end of this week if Neopost wants me back in another temp-to-hire role.
Second, school is driving me nuts. I've got the two most flaky and unhelpful teachers. I won't bore you with all that drama, but needless to say, in my Tuesday night class on-campus, I still don't have a schedule and there is only 3 classes left. It's soooo awesome to be able to plan. As I'm no longer employed, I get to fill my days with doing homework that is mandatory and absolutely due asap. I'm supposed to make up the test I'll be missing this Tuesday, but my teacher hasn't called me back to confirm a date, time, nor if he's even written the exam! grrr.
Third, Thanksgiving was fantastic. I was so happy to have such a low turnout this year at our house. There was so much less stress and cleaning and cooking and cleaning and cleaning this time around that Dad and I were able to socialize. We were able to relax some. All of us were able to sit at one table (me, Kate, Dad, Mom, Grandma Barbara, Papa, and Uncle Denny) and we tried the thing they do on TV by placing all the food in the center of the table and passing plates around. Didn't like it. Next holiday (aka Christmas) we're going back to the buffet-style. After dinner, we hung out, played a few exciting rounds of Uno and had some pie.
Fourth, I had a nice night out with Phillip this past weekend, courtesy of Lea & Braze. A while back, Phillip was given some gift certificates for a bed and breakfast and a restaurant in Half Moon Bay. We went there on Saturday, had an awesome dinner (we shall go back!), and stayed the night. In the dining room of the hotel (where we were served a light breakfast), there were old pictures and reviews of the location. Our hotel was old, but brought back to life in the 1970's. The building was from 1905, and was restored to that era. The windows, for example, had those rope-pully things to open them (not that there was a need!). It was great to get away for a few hours. I only wished that it lasted longer... Aside from our pricy meal for Festivist, I think the next big dinner shall be for my birthday at Pasta Moon in Half Moon Bay.
Fifth: Pictures of the girls! Santa visted IBEW local 595 this weekend. Here are some pictures..


Sixth, and lastly, is the excitement about the Spice Girls concert. I can't believe I'm going! I think it'll be fun even though I haven't learned all the songs. Hell, I wasn't expecting to be able to, but I do like the Greatest Hits cd. I'm going with Phillip, Louis, Jen H, Tony, and Patricia. We'll be going to dinner after everyone gets off work, and then head to San Jose to the SOLD OUT concert. I've never attended a sold out show before. That just adds to the excitement.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home