I Wish
I wish I was a witch or a god or something powerful so that I could just snap my fingers to solve all the problems: mine, the family's, the world's. Wouldn't that be cool? Less wars, less violence, and most definitely, a lowered chance of being shot in public by a kid with a gun and emotional issues. What is with all the shootings? The occurances are starting to really pick up steam. Wouldn't it be awesome to take away pain? Not talkin' confession, here, but real pain; the physical and emotional. No more sick and broken bodies, no more medical payment worries, no more homelessness, and no more violent and needless deaths...
I need to find the website from where Carolyn gets all the happy, cheerful news.
Also, I need to get back to reality. The washer just buzzed. Yea, laundry!
I need to find the website from where Carolyn gets all the happy, cheerful news.
Also, I need to get back to reality. The washer just buzzed. Yea, laundry!

3 Comments:
www.gimundo.com
You can subscribe and they send you new stories everyday. I'm glad I don't watch TV sometimes. Sad to hear about all the shootings.
By
Anonymous, At
3/05/2008 04:04:00 PM
Totally agree with you about the random shootings lately. It's gotten out of control. Sadly, no matter how much this happens, nothing will change. As long as Charlton Heston and his millions of followers have their way you will always be able to buy an AK-47 from you local gun store with a minimal background check because dammit this is America and it's your right. Of course we can't even say for sure whether loose gun laws are the actual problem or if the real blame lies on the moral decay of our society brought on by the violent media, lack of family, drug and alcoholism, etc.
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
3/05/2008 06:43:00 PM
Thank you, Carolyn. I don't want another subscription clogging my email, but I will occasionally check out the link. I was suprised to find out that Google is giving out cell phones to homeless people. Very cool. That may have made the "normal" news, but I didn't catch it.
Luke, I think you're dead-on. Gun laws and the "moral decay" of our society is to blame, but I also think that there are some other factors; mainly, psychological. I truly think that some of these shooters are crazy.
By
amy, At
3/07/2008 12:41:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home