Mild
My life has become fairly mellow this past week. I've done some shopping and gift exchanging (I now have a pair of jeans that fit!), movie going, and eating, of course. I had lunch with Claire yesterday at Panera, and I was reminded that you can never go wrong when eating there. I've never had a bad sandwich, soup, or salad. Also, speaking of good food, Phillip introduced me to the Ikea meatball. I've heard people rave about them for years, but it wasn't until last Thursday that I actually had any. Yummy! I'm looking forward to the Dublin store to be finnished soon... closer access to the meatballs.
I'd recommend the two movies I saw this week: 1) P.S. I Love You, and 2) I Am Legend. Movie #1 is a total chick-flick. It was cute, girlie, tear-inducing (it IS about the death of her husband), and had some nice-looking male actors. A little bonus for me was the realization that I was watching "spike", from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel TV series. Those poor actors really do get type-cast huh? I didn't recognize the guy b/ he was lacking the bleach-blonde hair... Movie #2 was a good action/drama. Will Smith is the only actor for most the movie, obviously, but it was good. It scared me with the jumpy parts, but it wasn't bloody. Even though it's PG13, it isn't for the kiddies unless they can handle the scary, used-to-be humans.
I'm lovin' the iPod. It's been fun downloading songs. I still have money on my gift card, but it's a slow process for me. Y'all know I suck with song titles and artist names... I'm gonna put a couple of my cds on it this week as I prepare for my cruise with Ms. Avery. I gotta find my Jimmy Buffett cds and put one on the iPod. While it's winter and we're not heading south enough for a million degree weather, nothing says "vacation" more than Margaritaville, Cheeseburger in Paradise, and Son of a Son of a Sailor.
I leave Friday morning!
I'd recommend the two movies I saw this week: 1) P.S. I Love You, and 2) I Am Legend. Movie #1 is a total chick-flick. It was cute, girlie, tear-inducing (it IS about the death of her husband), and had some nice-looking male actors. A little bonus for me was the realization that I was watching "spike", from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel TV series. Those poor actors really do get type-cast huh? I didn't recognize the guy b/ he was lacking the bleach-blonde hair... Movie #2 was a good action/drama. Will Smith is the only actor for most the movie, obviously, but it was good. It scared me with the jumpy parts, but it wasn't bloody. Even though it's PG13, it isn't for the kiddies unless they can handle the scary, used-to-be humans.
I'm lovin' the iPod. It's been fun downloading songs. I still have money on my gift card, but it's a slow process for me. Y'all know I suck with song titles and artist names... I'm gonna put a couple of my cds on it this week as I prepare for my cruise with Ms. Avery. I gotta find my Jimmy Buffett cds and put one on the iPod. While it's winter and we're not heading south enough for a million degree weather, nothing says "vacation" more than Margaritaville, Cheeseburger in Paradise, and Son of a Son of a Sailor.
I leave Friday morning!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home