Transitions

Many changes.
This week, for instance, I'm working 40hrs instead of 24.
I was able to change my night off work from Mondays to Tuesdays. Now, I'm unable to guarantee the ability to watch one of my favorite TV shows, but I just found out that I have a confirmed spot in the new cake decorating class thru Chabot's Community Education program. I don't get a certificate or anything, but learning how to work with frosting will be fun and help my days at the Safeway Bakery. Just yesterday, after searching for a cake that the guy wasn't supposed to pick up until next week (feliz quinceanos, full sheet), we find out that he's actually at the store to pick up a birthday cake (feliz cumpleanos, quarter sheet) with a soccer theme. We find his cake and the decorator made it a baseball cake!! Can't change much, but I think that Shelly tried and our manager, Chris, gave a heafty discount.
This past week, Lisa announced that she was pregnant!! :>) Many happy "aunts" and "uncles" who can't wait for her due date of August. Above is a picture of her forming "baby bump". *** The picture was deleted b/ Lisa has asked for privacy during her pregancy. ***
And, speaking of babies, Heather's due date has been moved up. It's still a planned c-section, but due to medical concerns and the fact that her doctor will be leaving for vacation, it was moved up a week. She's now due on Feb. 25th.
I bought myself flowers. The pretty daffodils have begun to fully bloom within this past week. I love the pretty yellow flowers, and these are just plain cute! so tiny! The daffodils mark the beginning of spring as they're the early birds of the flower world. They don't have a long blooming season, so you've gotta enjoy them while they last. I need to find the directions on what to do with the bulbs after they stop blooming, though, so I can enjoy these lovely flowers next year.
My third anniversary with Phillip is on Saturday. We celebrate on Valentine's Day as we can't agree when we actually got together this second time around. I work on Saturday, so we'll be doing something after he gets off work on Friday.
Louis' 30th birthday is next week.
I started my second job (at Sur La Table) with great success. It was fun, I got an actual break, and it felt great to be surrounded by actual teamwork. At the end of class when we Kitchen Assistants are cleaning up the most, my boss brought out the mop and helped! I was shocked. I was amazed. It was so wonderful to be around people who actually wanted to be at work and were willing to help each other. The stress I experienced was from being new, not from the demands and expectations placed on me. Granted, it was my first class, but I hope that the others that I get to help with are just as nice.
Mom went to her post-op appointment this morning. I haven't heard the results, but we are all hoping that she's free of infection and that she'll be healing nicely from this knee surgery. It's still really swollen, but I hope it's because she's actually up and walking around while I'm away from home... She hasn't walked in almost a year. We hope that her health improves greatly in 2009.
I don't know what the deal is with Blogger. I can't fix the paragraph spacing. It's wierd. You get colors instead.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home