Life in the Golden State

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving

Grandma Barbara and Miss Aeryn.




Alvaro, Tracy, Amy, and Dad. MMMM. Stuffed mushrooms!






Suzie! She's gotten big at Tracy's aunt's house! It's a combo of extra weight and lots, and lots of fur (her winter coat).






The girls got a new dog. Her name is Socks. She's a tiny chiuaua. A couple of months old. She gets along well with Aeryn.



Uncle Denny, Dad, and Faolan. Dad caught her and won't let her go.



Airplane rides by Auntie Katie.



Thanksgiving was at my parents' house. We had a feast-by-pot-luck. Dad made ham, Larry Potatoes, yams, and stuffed mushrooms. Katie and I made the cheese, meat, and cracker tray, spinach dip, cut-up cantalope, and chips-n-salsa. Tracy came with the "poor man's strawberry shortcake", green salad, and possibly something else. Tracy's aunt brought many, many pies from Nation's. Amy, Tracy's sister, brought homemade creamed corn, and homemade cranberry sauce. Grandma and Papa brought the turkey and stuffing and gravy. Uncle Denny brought the various apple ciders and dinner rolls. I don't know if Grandma Nancy, Anna, and Greg contributed something, but there may be some of the food I'm missing. It was a perfectly coreographed feast, much to Dad's delight. Lots of food with not as much work and stress as years past! YUM!
Other people in attendance not mentioned in the food list: Alvaro (Amy's husband), Myella (Amy's daughter who's a smidge younger than Faolan), Dan, Faolan, Kieran.
I'll be sending out the full set of Thanksgiving photos to the family soon. Anna said she'd do the same. I think that she was able to get the pictures I wasn't able to. :>)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home