Life in the Golden State

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Post-election Blues

I was bummed yesterday.

I had voted and then gone to work on Tuesday. I had packed a snack (hummus, veggies, and homemade pita chips) to take to Phillip's for after-work election results watching. About 10 min before I get off work, a "cookie monster" (about 10 years old) excitedly tells me who won the election. Already? The polls in CA have barely closed! So, I missed one of those significant moments in history (and a really good speech), was told to not have any after work socialization, and Phillip was getting sick. :>( I went to bed with the knowledge that Prop 8 was heading toward passing. That's a double :>( :>(

Yesterday was the let down. The calm after the storm when you're feeling kinda dazed and out of it for no good reason... I was happy that Prop 2 passed, that Prop 4 didn't, and that Obama won the election instead of McCain, but, I felt so blah.

Today is better - politically. Prop 8 has gone into legal battle again. No to discrimination! You may not believe that it's morally or religiously right for two people of the same sex to marry, but those are your beliefs. By no means should that be the law when our government is supposed to protect equality for everyone under the law!


My room is a mess. I need to finish packing up my summer clothes and trade their spots in my dresser for the warm, winter pjs and long sleeve shirts. Then, I get to eat a laaate lunch in preparation for work. Yea employment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home