Life in the Golden State

Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Birthday

Georgie is dying to come in and socialize - esp with the food.


Papa, Uncle Denny, Dad, Grandma Nancy, Mom - after dinner.




Grandma Nancy and Mom.




Matt and Katie.



Phillip and Me.



31. wow. Where has the past year gone?

On Jan. 11th, I had my family birthday dinner. Dan, Tracy, and the girls couldn't make it, but both "sets" of grandparents did. I had Dad BBQ some tri-tip (cuz it was good weather) and made others bring various dishes. It was a nice, quiet evening. We played cards while waiting for dinner. We drank lots of apple cider it is many incarnations. We enjoyed the almost-defrosted Tiramisu Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory for dessert. While the dessert wasn't good for my cold I was fighting, it was good for the tastebuds!

On my birthday, Jan. 12th, it was a calm day. Thank you to everyone who called, sent a text, sent an email, or commented on Myspace or Facebook. My day included seeing "Marley and Me" in the theater. It was a good movie, but w/ a sad ending. I had heard that, but it was the movie that was playing next by the time I got to the theater. For dinner, Phillip took me out to Paradiso in San Leandro. We had a yummy dinner that I couldn't finnish (yea leftovers!) because of the appitizer platter of pita, hummus, roasted red peppers, and something else. It was fun to go out and get dressed up. We didn't do anything else that night, and I was happy to get into my pjs and just hang out. I may not have done much, but I was super tired by the time dinner was over. Why does the sickness just suck all the energy out of you?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home