A New Year
Christmas 2008 was mello. It was stressful working so much and not helping out as much as my dad needed, but the day itself was calm. My family celebrates on Christmas Eve, so upon getting home, I ate dinner while dishes were washed. We opened presents and had dessert. Both sets of grandparents loved the digital frame we got them. Anna is going to add more pictures to Grandma Nancy's and I'll add more to Grandma Barbara's as the opportunity arrives. Santa gave me a digital camera. I feel so modern! I haven't used it much, but that's one of my goals for this week: to learn my camera and to get it working with my computer. Carolyn, those pictures of my curtains are coming!
Christmas day was spent having breakfast with my aunt and uncle before they left town, watching "The Tale of Despereaux" with Carolyn, and just hanging out. I may have even watched another movie with Dad as I vegged out that night. :>)
New Year's Eve was spent at work. After work, I was too tired to enjoy Andrea's party, so I flaked. I went to bed instead.
My nieces were here for the week of New Year's. They came on the Saturday before and left on Friday, Jan 2nd. They were so much fun to have around. I didn't get to see them much (getting home after 9pm means that they were in bed already), but they just added so much energy to the house. It was sooooo quiet after they left! While here, they saw the Golden Gate Bridge, the Exploratorium, The Jungle (a play area in San Jose), the Oakland Zoo, and spent quite a few hours at our fine local parks. I'm sure my dad took them to the SL Marina as that's the location of Faolan Island and Kieran Island (the little "islands" next to the mile walk)....
I completed the last of my classes for the AS Administrative Assistant degree right before Christmas. I should get confirmation of this soon. Yea! Another degree! I'm smart!
My hope for 2009 is that it brings many wonderful changes. My life needs a lot of them. My immediate goal of a better-paying job is still top on the list. I want to move out of my parents' house. I also want love and happiness to return to me and my friends.
My birthday is next week. I can't believe that another year has gone by so quickly!
Christmas day was spent having breakfast with my aunt and uncle before they left town, watching "The Tale of Despereaux" with Carolyn, and just hanging out. I may have even watched another movie with Dad as I vegged out that night. :>)
New Year's Eve was spent at work. After work, I was too tired to enjoy Andrea's party, so I flaked. I went to bed instead.
My nieces were here for the week of New Year's. They came on the Saturday before and left on Friday, Jan 2nd. They were so much fun to have around. I didn't get to see them much (getting home after 9pm means that they were in bed already), but they just added so much energy to the house. It was sooooo quiet after they left! While here, they saw the Golden Gate Bridge, the Exploratorium, The Jungle (a play area in San Jose), the Oakland Zoo, and spent quite a few hours at our fine local parks. I'm sure my dad took them to the SL Marina as that's the location of Faolan Island and Kieran Island (the little "islands" next to the mile walk)....
I completed the last of my classes for the AS Administrative Assistant degree right before Christmas. I should get confirmation of this soon. Yea! Another degree! I'm smart!
My hope for 2009 is that it brings many wonderful changes. My life needs a lot of them. My immediate goal of a better-paying job is still top on the list. I want to move out of my parents' house. I also want love and happiness to return to me and my friends.
My birthday is next week. I can't believe that another year has gone by so quickly!

3 Comments:
what do you want to do for your bday?????!!!!!!
dk
By
Anonymous, At
1/06/2009 05:17:00 PM
ok, waiting for the curtain pics ;)
By
carolyn, At
1/07/2009 08:58:00 PM
Oh, and congrats on your new degree!!!
By
carolyn, At
1/07/2009 08:59:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home