Life in the Golden State

Friday, November 21, 2008

Fun Was Had

Post-election blues was followed by some fun.

Novemeber 8, 2008
Saturday. It was Carolyn's 30th Birthday. I had a lot of fun. I had the day off work and then took BART into the city. We all met at Millenium for dinner. I enjoyed my vegan feast. I was sooo full that I was a tad happy that we had to run out of there before dessert could be enjoyed. The flip-side, though, was the fact that all the desserts looked mighty tasty. Maybe I'll get to go back one day for some expensive dessert? After dinner, Carolyn, Jen, Joe, and I went to see a play called The Quality of Life. It starred some bigger names than the local theater, but the only one I remember was "aunt jackie" from the TV show, Rosanne. The play was really good. I got so involved in the characters and the story line was interesting. As you may guess from the title, it was about the quality of life these characters have as they struggle to overcome hurdles. They're getting by, but are they truly living?

November 9, 2008
Sunday. Went to breakfast with Mom, Dad, Grandma Barbara, Papa, and Uncle Denny. We were at Manor Grill. My meal kinda sucked. Remind me, again, to never order the chicken fried steak from there! The gravy is so runny it might as well be soup, and the rest of it was just OK. You're better off eating normal breakfast items from there. Got to talk with Grandma and Papa. It's always entertaining.

November 14-17, 2008
Friday-Monday. Went to Arizona with Phillip to see Kelly and Alex. They used to be his coworkers and they moved back to AZ to be near friends and family again. I had a lot of fun hanging out and not being at work. We socialized with them, Kelly's children (DJ and Kelsey), Alex's mom (Sonia) and partner (Leslee), and the two foster kids they were watching. The kids were so cute and clearly need a better home than with their mother. We attended a jewelry party where it was Leslee's first time as the sales rep. I got some jewelry that should be mailed to me shortly. We went to Dave and Buster's and played around in the arcade. Kelly straightened my hair in under an hour and I was bummed at needing to take a shower the next day. I loved to play with my thin, light, straight hair. Sonia makes a killer margarita. Loved my meal and cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, but not the slide down a rocky hill on my ass to get to the place. I was embarassed and sore and had bruising. We went shopping at JC Penny as Alex gets a 20% discount (it's her Safeway job as she looks for a drafting/engineering gig). Phillip got a lot of new clothing and shoes. He shall soon model it for everyone. :>) (OK, no he won't, but he looks good in the new stuff)

The only downside to the trip was coming home sick. I thought it was allergies due to the warm weather vs. a/c while we slept, the three indoor dogs, and being around lots of second-hand smoke. But since I've been home, I've gotten worse. Phillip says that Kelly and the foster kids are sick too. :>(

Anyway, I have to get to work. Three more days (not counting today) and I get a day off! Yea!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home