Life in the Golden State

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sushi and Nieces

Yesterday was a fun, relaxing day. I got absolutely nothing done, but it was OK. I got to socialize with friends and family.

I had lunch with Phillip and his former Lea & Braze coworkers (Roxana, JR, Anna, and Jerry). We ate at Naked Fish in Hayward. SOOOO YUMMY! I liked everything I ate. I'm also in love with the off-menu item of ceviche (made with tuna instead of shrimp). It was awesome.

Phillip and I then went out to Manteca. Since KT is graduating and leaving for her internship w/in a week, she wanted to see my nieces (and Dan and Tracy, too) before she left CA. We met up with them at Dan's house. When we got there, Faolan was still in school, but Kieran and Aeryn were all pumped. They'd just gotten back from Pump It Up, a jumphouse for kids, and were so hyper and happy. Kieran insisted on watching this awful, "bloody" alien movie. It was cheesy beyond belief, but still pretty violent for a 5yr old. I can't remember the name, but it isn't even worth a rental fee. You just have to borrow it... When Faolan and Tracy got home, we all went to watch the girls at their ty-kwon-do class. It was interesting. Miss Kieran still has trouble with her right and left, so she was so cute and fun to watch. The teacher is fairly patient with her, as are the other kids who don't run her over while they're doing laps in the studio. Keiran is the youngest student in class, and Faolan is a smidge younger than the other kids. Faolan was pretty good at what she was asked to do. Dan works with the girls on their moves. After class, we had a good Mexican dinner and hung out a bit. Before Phillip and I left town, we all went to have ice cream from Dairy Queen. Phillip got a blizzard and I chose a sundae with marshmellow topping. It was supremely sweet, and the guy was kind enough to add some peanuts on top. mmmm salty/sweet combo.

2 Comments:

  • There's a Naked Fish in Vegas that I heard was good and is on my list of places to try. I wonder if it's related to the one by you?

    By Blogger Chappy & Bailey, At 5/31/2009 01:18:00 PM  

  • I have no idea. I don't think so. I'll ask Phillip to pass the word on to the guy who knows the owners.... But, if the one by you has any sort of reputation for being good, you should try it out!

    By Blogger amy, At 6/05/2009 03:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home