New Phone
My other phone has died. Last week, I couldn't hear anyone. Regardless of incoming or outgoing calls, I couldn't hear the phone ring nor the person answering the phone. It would come and go, but it was annoying enough that I took fairly immediate action.
The phone I wanted was a definite splurge item. "Splurge" was an LG phone (same brand as my dead phone) w/ a touch screen, QWERTY keyboard inside that I could easily type with my stubby fingers, and it had a pretty blue case. It was also a week's paycheck. Phillip encouraged me to splurge, but I didn't. I was more responsible with my paltry paycheck and got one that was about 1/2 the price of "Splurge". My new phone is a Samsung. It does all the things I need it to (call people, text, take pictures) and some things I don't (music, surf the net, take video). This new phone, too, has a pretty blue case (click on the "more pictures" thingy to see the blue version). I'm still learning to use it's features, and I reprogrammed the missing phone numbers from the data transfer. All that's left to buy are a new charger and a corded headset to keep in the car.
Sometime this week, too, I need to delete texts, phone numbers, and to email myself some cute pictures from the old phone. After the memory is as clear as I can make it, the phone and it's accessories will be submitted to ewaste or to that program AT&T has. While purchasing the new phone, the sales guy pointed out the program where they recycle phones (plus loaded calling cards) to soldiers so that they can call home. hmmmm.
The phone I wanted was a definite splurge item. "Splurge" was an LG phone (same brand as my dead phone) w/ a touch screen, QWERTY keyboard inside that I could easily type with my stubby fingers, and it had a pretty blue case. It was also a week's paycheck. Phillip encouraged me to splurge, but I didn't. I was more responsible with my paltry paycheck and got one that was about 1/2 the price of "Splurge". My new phone is a Samsung. It does all the things I need it to (call people, text, take pictures) and some things I don't (music, surf the net, take video). This new phone, too, has a pretty blue case (click on the "more pictures" thingy to see the blue version). I'm still learning to use it's features, and I reprogrammed the missing phone numbers from the data transfer. All that's left to buy are a new charger and a corded headset to keep in the car.
Sometime this week, too, I need to delete texts, phone numbers, and to email myself some cute pictures from the old phone. After the memory is as clear as I can make it, the phone and it's accessories will be submitted to ewaste or to that program AT&T has. While purchasing the new phone, the sales guy pointed out the program where they recycle phones (plus loaded calling cards) to soldiers so that they can call home. hmmmm.

1 Comments:
i like the blue phone.
By
carolyn, At
5/12/2009 06:49:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home